Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   pregancy at night (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370283)

american baby 03-21-2012 05:03 PM

pregancy at night

I have been having a hard time breathing at night time. Does anyone else have this problem or should I be worried.

andyoly82 03-21-2012 06:09 PM

I do if I'm on my back trying to sleep. Is this just in general or while you are sleeping?

magdalynaa 03-21-2012 07:14 PM

Is it hard to breathe because of a stuffy nose or heartburn or just general discomfort?

I have some breathing problems at night. For me, it's due to the rapid pulse and chest pounding from low BP and increased blood volume. It's hard to catch my breath. I think it's worse at night because BP usually drops lower when a person lays down, which probably means my heart is beating even faster to pump blood. My OB said this is very common during pregnancy.

Don't know if that helps.

tygr2410 03-21-2012 08:20 PM

Re: pregancy at night

how far along are you?

bigmamakelsey 03-21-2012 08:54 PM

Are you sleeping on your back?

lilypond 03-22-2012 10:01 AM

I do if I try to lean too far forward. I got a body pillow and lean slightly more to my back than my front keeping my shoulders wider and it helps. How far along are you or do you have sinus problems or other issues? Finding a better positions, a humidifier or vaporizer, and breathe right strips can all help if you don't have health issues.

SeaChellsRun 03-22-2012 11:49 AM

I'm about 36 weeks and laying on my side has recently made it difficult to breath. Also have low BP like another mama mentioned and I can breath better after my midnight pee break. Had the humidifier going but it doesn't help as it feels like my skinny arm is a big log pressing down on my lungs. So when sleeping on side I put my arm up on my side or on two pillows in front of me (one pillow doesn't quite cut it) or up above my head helps too.

aubreyaks 03-22-2012 12:04 PM

Your body produces more snot when you're pregnant. True story. I LOVE Breathe essential oil blend by DoTerra. I keep it by the bed and rub a little on my upper lip at night to break up the extra snot. My 1st pregnancy was like this too but I didn't have the oils, I just snored a lot and sometimes broke down and took a sudafed. This time (31 weeks) having the oils has helped so much. Sometimes I roll over onto my back and that helps me breathe, but I get stuck that way, I am too big to do that now! :)

Liadan23 03-22-2012 03:30 PM

is it congestion or like a tightness in your chest that makes it hard to take a deep breath? if it's the 2nd one, is your baby carrying really high? with ds he was SO high, up in my rib cage for 1/2 the pregnancy. i swear i couldn't take a deep breath the whole 3rd trimester. laying down made it worse. when he dropped about a week before he was born, it woke me up in the middle of the night because i instinctively took a huge deep breath, i swear my first in months! and then i was able to breath again, little stinker :p