Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Things to do on bedrest? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371204)

mommysweetpea 03-23-2012 06:26 PM

Things to do on bedrest?

My little sister is 18 weeks pregnant and has placenta previa and was just put on bedrest. I'd like to give her a basket of stuff to keep her busy. She's not really crafty, nor does she have the patience to do it. Any ideas? What would you like someone to give you? I've never had to be on bedrest or had any restrictions with my pregnancies so I'm kind of at a loss. If she lived closer (she's 30 mins away) I would see her a lot more, but that's not possible right now. Thanks!

Br2me 03-23-2012 06:31 PM

Re: Things to do on bedrest?

maybe a few books and some mag.s to look at/read...some movies to watch...cross words puzzles, if she has a laptop or tablet get her on here or other mama sites

wordmama 03-23-2012 06:32 PM

Movies, books, magazines, word searches, video games, nail polish and fancy brushes, scrapbook supplies...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

LnzsOut 03-23-2012 07:43 PM

My SIL gave me a Kindle with a gift card, and it was great! I'm no longer on bedrest, but I'm still addicted to it. What about word puzzles or sudoku books? Even if she's not crafty, she might want to learn to crochet just to make a blanket or hat. There are tons of books and even Web sites to learn from. More than anything, just giving her someone to talk to is probably the most helpful thing you can do - even if it's just a phone call. Being on bedrest really stinks...

Mamata3 03-24-2012 04:00 AM

I may be going on bed rest for placenta previa, we will find out after my next ultrasound. If I go on bed rest I will shop online with my laptop, craft but I know not everyone can just shop and you said she doesn't craft. I will also get coloring books and crayons also a journal to write to baby or write my thoughts Dow or make a honey do list for DH. You can get her the hand held games like UNO, checkers, poker. It would help pass the time. Also you could rent her a season of shows she likes.

crunchymom2b 03-24-2012 06:59 AM

If she has a kindle or nook (or you can afford one) a gift card is great. $25 can usually get 2 books and a few apps in my experience. Plus the internet helps a ton. Series on DVD.

There are a ton of "learn to" books- crochet, knit, draw, design, etc. Maybe she'll be interested in learning now that she has the time. Scrapbooking and journaling. Card games and board games for when you or someone else is with her.

Can she get a massage if someone comes to the house? Maybe a mini day of pampering if you can find someone to go to her.

Sophia&Daria 03-24-2012 07:30 PM

I was on complete bedrest for 12 weeks. I recommend this site or other active mama sites, huge water bottle, movies, books on her condition, birth, and caring for new borns, and snacks she can keep next to her bed.

sillyutalktome 03-25-2012 12:39 PM

I painted the letters for dd's name to hang in our nursery, painted some canvases to hang in her nursery, did sudoku, watched tv series that friends dropped off (pre-netflix days for us) read books, etc.