Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371350)

raisingcropsandbabies 03-24-2012 08:03 AM

4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I was wondering if you plan on having more babies... How do you and your spouse weigh the risks of multiple c-sections and bringing in more beautiful lives into this world? Have your c-sections got more complicated (ie: scar tissue, placenta abnormalities, etc)? I know God desires to bless us with children and He certainly has blessed me with 4 beautiful kids. I also think He gave us a sound mind to make decisions based on our want to do His will and weighing risks vs. benefit. There will always be death in life (ie: in the Bible, Rachel dying after giving birth to Benjamin), but c-sections carry more of a risk of it. Not only death, but even just the lasting effects of multiple c-sections (bladder damage, scar pain, etc).

I don't know if I'm wording this to make sense or not because my own thoughts are a little jumbled up about it right now... I have 4 kids, 3 born via c-section and the last c-section was more complicated than the others. My husband would like to know within a year if I'm done having babies (he'd be more than fine with that!) or if we will be having one more. We are praying for direction. My parents have often told us there were times when they would seek God about decisions and they were told they would be blessed either way. So they would make a decision and it was truly blessed. I wonder if that's what will happen with our decision! haha.

I certainly am open to adoption down the road if we feel called, but the question still remains about biological children. So how do you decide to keep going or be done with having so many c-sections?

HeatherlovesCDs 03-24-2012 10:03 AM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I've never had a c-section. However, I think God calls different people/families to different things. Personally, I don't think He calls everyone to never use BC. (I don't believe in all forms of BC, but that is another thread.) I think if you are seeking His will, He will lead you to what He wants for your family. It may or may not be to have more children. But, I don't think God has the same plan for all. Keep praying and reading His word and He will give you the answer in His time. :hugs:

raisingcropsandbabies 03-24-2012 10:27 AM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 14849832)
I've never had a c-section. However, I think God calls different people/families to different things. Personally, I don't think He calls everyone to never use BC. (I don't believe in all forms of BC, but that is another thread.) I think if you are seeking His will, He will lead you to what He wants for your family. It may or may not be to have more children. But, I don't think God has the same plan for all. Keep praying and reading His word and He will give you the answer in His time. :hugs:

Thank you.
I think it's hard for me because I have such a strong maternal side... always thought I'd end up with 7+ kids and whatnot, but when we knew we'd have to have c-sections to deliver healthy, whole children; those plans were shattered! I know God has a plan for us and I do wonder if those plans would not be accomplished if everything had gone MY way. ;) He's already shown us many silver linings with my first son's birth injury and his journey through life. Sigh... Thanks for reminding me God's timing is not our timing! I tried telling that to my husband, but I think he's saying a year because condoms are so tiresome and annoying! haha. I agree about the bc and so when we feel called to stop it'll be the big V or a tubal for me. Thanks for listening. :)

HeatherlovesCDs 03-24-2012 11:17 AM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I can definitely understand not wanting to use condoms. We've only used them a couple of times (maybe only once) and we didn't like them. The only positive thing about being infertile is not having to ever worry about BC. However, I'd rather worry about BC. :laugh:

Anyway, my advice is when you are praying about having more children, you also pray for your husband. Pray that God will lead him so that your husband can lead you. Pray for his attitude regarding the timing. And, while it sounds silly, pray that God would allow you to enjoy each other dispute the condoms. I'm sure you do, but I think you know what I mean.

If we had followed my plan instead of God's, we would have only had 2 or 3 kids. Instead, God blessed us with infertility and through us following His leading, He has blessed us with huge success giving us 5 children, including 2 sets of twins and one on the way. Neither my husband or I could have ever imagined how much we would love our big family. Without having to use IVF and being committed to transferring all of our embryos to me, we probably would have stopped at 3. And, we would have missed out on HUGE blessings in our life. I definitely did not think our infertility was a blessing and I still struggle with it. But, His plan is always better than ours, even if we can't see it until we are on the other side looking back. I know the same will be true for you. :hugs:

mom2kaydncolt 03-24-2012 01:48 PM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I've only had 3 c-sections at this time and am planning to try for another baby later this year. I will follow the recommendation of my ob after each c-section and take it one baby at a time. I am blessed with the four kids that I have and I love them a ton and would not intentionally get pregnant if my ob told me that it was a great risk to my health/life. It doesn't seem right to risk dying and leaving behind my other babies just to have another one (I would NOT abort should I become accidentally pregnant) so I wouldn't do it intentionally. After my last c-section the ob told me that he didn't see any reason to tell me I couldn't/shouldn't have more children.

7arrows4God 03-24-2012 10:20 PM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I did not get to read all your posts. But wanted just to send a quick post as it is hard when what seems like mountains get in the road.

I have had 2 and vaginals births after them. My 3rd and 7th were c/s and the 2nd was not an easy recovery.

There is a you tube video of many different woman that have had 3 and 4 c/s and gone on to have vbac.

Now in saying all that, it is still not easy and not saying you have to try that. So on the other side, I have a friend that has had 7 c/s so far. She has learnt with the last few and really we all should do is really rest and take it simple as much as possible after baby. Your body needs it. And it is important if you plan to have more.

There was also a mama's story in the Above Rubies magazine that had 9 c/s.

AmandaR 03-24-2012 10:53 PM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
I had my first three by c section, no complications, GREAT healing. DR said we could go for five. I had my fourth at 31 weeks after serious complications and my scar had already started separating. :( So I went from no issues to life threatening issues. So we're done, DH got snipped. I would have loved more, but I can't risk my kids losing their mother over it. It's such a hard thing to know/decide. Like I said, I didn't have a single complication up until the partial rupture (and that was at 31 weeks-DR fully believes we would have both died had I go to term).

raisingcropsandbabies 03-25-2012 05:08 AM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7arrows4God (Post 14852346)
I did not get to read all your posts. But wanted just to send a quick post as it is hard when what seems like mountains get in the road.

I have had 2 and vaginals births after them. My 3rd and 7th were c/s and the 2nd was not an easy recovery.

There is a you tube video of many different woman that have had 3 and 4 c/s and gone on to have vbac.

Now in saying all that, it is still not easy and not saying you have to try that. So on the other side, I have a friend that has had 7 c/s so far. She has learnt with the last few and really we all should do is really rest and take it simple as much as possible after baby. Your body needs it. And it is important if you plan to have more.

There was also a mama's story in the Above Rubies magazine that had 9 c/s.

I'm glad you had successful vbacs! No option for me here. My first was a severe shoulder dystocia. My son needed revived and he ended up with a lifelong birth injury (brachial plexus injury) due to the force it took to pull him out, along with a few other quirks from lack of oxygen. He's had surgeries, various therapies since he was 3 weeks old, splinting, so much work/sweat/tears to get him where he is and he'll never even be 100%... I'd rather have surgery than any more of my babies (plus my boys keep getting bigger... last one being 12lbs2oz).
Vbacs are a wonderful option to mamas not like me though. :)

raisingcropsandbabies 03-25-2012 05:14 AM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaR (Post 14852406)
I had my first three by c section, no complications, GREAT healing. DR said we could go for five. I had my fourth at 31 weeks after serious complications and my scar had already started separating. :( So I went from no issues to life threatening issues. So we're done, DH got snipped. I would have loved more, but I can't risk my kids losing their mother over it. It's such a hard thing to know/decide. Like I said, I didn't have a single complication up until the partial rupture (and that was at 31 weeks-DR fully believes we would have both died had I go to term).

((bigs hugs))! That sounds really hard! This sounds similiar to the issues my doc was telling me about with the 4th c-sections +. He's had 3 placenta accretas with 4th c-sections, resulting in needed transfusions and hysterrectomies. And he's worked on a uterine rupture (not his patient, but he scrubbed in as all hands are needed on deck at that point). Thank God you are alive, mama! My doc is all about the mom weighing the risks vs. benefits and he says it's hard to know when a serious complication will happen until it's happening! Sounds like you.

keithmommy 03-26-2012 06:28 PM

Re: 4+ C-section, Christian Mamas Here?
 
First of all I want to say that this is a hard decision. There is so much information out there swaying you to believe that either too many sections are not good, or that your uterus always heals well and all is safe.

I have 6 children, 2 born vaginally, 4 c-section, and we are pg again and are planning another section in September. My background in short is something like this:
DS1-Born vaginally at the hospital
DS2-emergency c-section due to placental abruption
DS3-VBAC born at home
DD4-attempted to have another homebirth but was transfered for an emergency c-section b/c my uterus ruptured on the incision
DD5-scheduled c-section
DD6- scheduled c-section

One thing that has helped me in all this is that I have a very supportive doctor. When I went to see him when I was pg with #5 (that was the 1st baby of mine he delivered), I told him my history, and that I would like to vbac, however I told him that my dh and I prayed and asked that God would give him (the dr.) wisdom in my situation. He told me that he did not feel comfortable letting me vbac; he wanted to do a section, which I was at peace with. I asked him how he felt doing a c-section for 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 if God chooses to bless us with that many, and he said that was fine.

Now, if he saw potential danger he would change his mind, but for now he is fine with doing it. I have had no problems with my pregnancies, and the births have been great too (with the scheduled sections, that is. The uterine rupture one was quite scary)

So, for now we are going to continue to have children. I know that if something bad were to happen then our decision may change. I pray that God gives you wisdom in this situation.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors