Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Grand Rapids mamas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371412)

JeDeeLenae 03-24-2012 11:14 AM

Grand Rapids mamas

Michigan, not Minnesota. ;p

I have officially arrived in Grand Rapids and am moving into my apartment this week! I haven't been using cloth since the move, so I'll be excited to get back into it.

So, what does everyone do for fun these days? I'm considering the Children's Museum membership, our just going on family night, but not sure of what else.

tallanvor 03-24-2012 12:21 PM

Re: Grand Rapids mamas

We don't live there, but DH's family lives in Ionia, so we visit quite a bit. My kids enjoy the museum, but also really like the zoo. We usually pack a picnic lunch and make sure we have some bread to feed the ducks.

MDever 03-26-2012 07:25 AM

Crashing to say I am glad to see you back:goodvibes: I have been thinking of you and your children.:hugs: We missed you around here.

boekesec 04-01-2012 01:08 PM

Hi!! I'm in GR too. We like the Children's Museum - your youngest might not get a ton out of it yet, but the older kids will love it. FYI - On Thursday's it's only $1 from 5-8pm. Otherwise it can be kind of pricey.

The zoo is fun - small, but not expensive, and really kids love any zoo. Once the weather warms up again, check out Millennium Park - it's a few minutes outside of town, but not far. It is HUGE, has awesome playgrounds, lots of nice wooded trails, and a fun swimming beach! Definitely a fun summer spot.

I'm not sure where you are in GR, but if you live near downtown there is a fun children's/CD store called Hopscotch in the East Hills area, which is where I usually get my diapers. They have activities for kids every Monday at 10am, and we almost always go - it's so fun! And it's nice to know a place to go and gawk at diapers you can't buy :)

Welcome to GR and I hope you like it! West Michigan is so fun - especially since you're close to the beach! Definitely hit Lake Michigan up this summer - only 30-45 minutes away!

sbadger 04-07-2012 07:38 PM

I would love to hang out and chat sometime! I love taking the kids to frog hollow want to plan something?

JeDeeLenae 04-21-2012 07:48 AM

Sorry to have disappeared. I didn't have internet or wifi once I moved into my own place. I am finally ridding our house of yucky germs (3 of us are on antibiotics) and once we are in the clear would love to hang out.

Sara, I'm pretty sure we hung out before, didn't we? I had less kids then, though.

EmmieSuesbabyboutique 05-30-2012 09:39 PM

Fredrick meijer gardens is a fun place.

twinsmommy7.16 06-19-2012 10:31 PM

Now that summer is here, a trip to Lake Michigan is a must. Grand Haven has a nice boardwalk and beach. Muskegon has a busy beach (I hail from here) and a small museum. I haven't been to the zoo in GR for years but I hear they are good. Also there are discounts during the off season. If you want something bigger but more pricey there is Michigan's Adventure which is our version of Cedar Point.

mommabullfrog 06-23-2012 02:26 PM

I live in Grand Rapids... I'm due w/my first in september, so I haven't actually done any activities in the city yet for the little ones. But I'll admit, I've been to the Children's museum! My husband works at John Ball Zoo... it's a nice small zoo with a park outside. Not so big that it's a whole day event; you can usually make it through at a leisurely pace in 2-3 hours. Tons of kids :)
There's also a lot of stuff going on downtown throughout the summer/fall (festivals and such). They usually have entertainment and crafts for kids! Michigan's Adventure is a bit of a drive, but it's also awesome. Half theme park, half water park!

dressagemom 07-29-2012 09:30 PM

Come visit Holland! It's not far from GR, and we have great beaches and parks.