Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Eastern Canada (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   is cloth diapering popular? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371681)

mommy24babes 03-25-2012 08:05 AM

is cloth diapering popular?

I was just woundering if cloth diapering is popular where you live?

Before my DD ( our 4th child) had a really bad reaction to all disposables I was too scared to try cloth. Scared to put the money out to try something I was sure I wasn't going to like only to have everyone say "i told you so"

I had never even seen a cloth diaper let alone know anyone who had used them.
Had no idea wet bags existed.

This time I was forced to try and had the benefit of a newborn rental program to try.

Now that I have tried them I am borderline obsessed.:blush:

I only wish I had tried with my other kids. Im actually sad I will only get to CD one baby.

Just wondering If this is typical.

MuffinMania 03-25-2012 08:22 AM

Re: is cloth diapering popular?

It isn't, unfortunately. I've only met one family here that CD's, and it was in passing at the Pediatrician.

artangelsp 03-25-2012 08:41 AM

I have run across a few here...one family at daycare and one of my cousin's cloth diapered. She's the one who actually introduced me to this site! I didn't have much information before starting at all and the closest store that sells cd supplies is 2 hours away. But, I do my best to spread the word :)

mamably15 03-25-2012 08:54 AM

Not at all :( I couldn't even tell you where the closest CD Store is nearby. I got into it after seeing a few things online and deciding to give it a try. My closest friend who CD's her son is 3.5 hours away....

addiejane 03-25-2012 09:30 AM

I only know of 2 other people in my town that cd. I know how you feel about the obsession, and sadness that you will only cd one baby. I only started with my dd when she was a little older and she is my last.

Nanookie 03-25-2012 03:55 PM

I would say so. There are two CD stores near me, one a 5 minute walk, the other a 5 minute drive. There also seem to be a good number of people destashing on Kijiji. I know a couple people near me who are CDing.

Computermama 03-25-2012 05:12 PM

I know of exactly one other mom who cloth diapers her kid IRL. Most people I know think I'm insane for considering it, and I've never seen another LO at the park or elsewhere with a recognisable cloth butt. I'm sure it's more popular in some areas than others, but it's very very far from mainstream still.

era 03-25-2012 06:12 PM

I think CDing is more popular in some areas than others. It is pretty popular around me but that probably because of availability of stores. But even so, I still find the best deals online shopping.

maple79vt 03-25-2012 06:21 PM

I am so spoiled where we live. There are at least 5 stores within 1 1/2 hours of us. Many hold classes, playgroups and meetings. We homeschool and within are very large co-op almost everyone uses cloth. If you don't use cloth when joining typically you convert quickly.

Amber_daisy 03-26-2012 11:19 AM

It's fairly popular here. I know a lot of people who use cloth. We do have a fairly large and well connected group of "crunchy" people here though.