Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Ep'ing hanging up the horns... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371690)

court3189 03-25-2012 09:01 AM

Ep'ing hanging up the horns...

Just to put out there a positive ep'ing- I think it's time to hang up the horns after ep'ing for my DD who is special needs and never could nurse. I'd hoped to make it to 2 years but my body doesn't seem to like that plan, so being thankful we made it through the first year. I have a freezer supply that may get us through until 18 months. It was so hard and heartbreaking in the beginning...so I wanted to share in case someone out there is where I was a year ago!

AnimalHouse 03-25-2012 11:41 AM

Re: Ep'ing hanging up the horns...

:hugs: mama. I EP'd for DS2 until he was 15 months old, and had enough in my freezer to get him to 20 months! EP'ing is possible, it just takes dedication!

sunshine987 03-27-2012 11:15 AM

My son is 8 months old and I'm thinking of switching to this. I have a pretty nice freezer stash and really just want to get through cold/flu season and maybe to one year (end of July).

What would you recommend for me in terms of a schedule and/or milk output goals per session? I work outside the home and am already pumping 3 times during the workdays. He eats in the morning before work, and at least twice at night before bed and then whenever he doesn't sleep through the night, I nurse him back to sleep.

Thanks for the help!

ankc 03-30-2012 05:42 AM

Good for you for making it this far, Mama!

Sabriel 03-31-2012 04:55 PM

Great job mama! I am EPing for my almost 4 month old DD who has a swallowing dysfunction. Thanks for the inspiration! I still have days where I want to give up, especially like right now when we are visiting friends and I am stuck hiding in a bedroom pumping. I hope that I am able to do as well as you have! I just keep telling myself that my baby deserves it! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine987
My son is 8 months old and I'm thinking of switching to this. I have a pretty nice freezer stash and really just want to get through cold/flu season and maybe to one year (end of July).

What would you recommend for me in terms of a schedule and/or milk output goals per session? I work outside the home and am already pumping 3 times during the workdays. He eats in the morning before work, and at least twice at night before bed and then whenever he doesn't sleep through the night, I nurse him back to sleep.

Thanks for the help!

Honestly, I would not give up a nursing relationship if I had the choice. I've done both, and EPing is a much harder road to go down!

sunshine987 04-04-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabriel (Post 14883739)

Honestly, I would not give up a nursing relationship if I had the choice. I've done both, and EPing is a much harder road to go down!

Thanks for that. I need to remember that being able to nurse him is a blessing. It is just really hard to be the SOLE person to care for this child. With DS1, DH and I were able to take turns, now if the baby needs anything, it's all me and DH takes care of DS1's needs. I love the time with my baby boy, but I kinda miss my first boy!

teacherchalise 04-06-2012 06:02 AM

Congrats, mamas! EPing is so hard, and I salute you for ever single session, day, week, month, year!

daniele_ut 04-18-2012 09:43 PM

Great job mama!! I'm currently EPing for the second time with my second preemie who is now 4 months old. Both of my boys were born at 36 weeks and spent 3 weeks in the NICU. ODS never nursed well. YDS nursed well from the start and then peetered out when we got home from the NICU because he was so used to bottles. It's a hard road, but you did an amazing job!

babyitalia 04-19-2012 10:06 AM

This is Great! I EPed with my DS but only made it to 6 months.

Bernrose82 06-01-2012 12:31 PM

i pumped for 9 months. and was sad the day i stopped. good job going a yr!!