Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Favorite/Best Nursing Cover?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371787)

MyKzooFamily 03-25-2012 01:45 PM

Favorite/Best Nursing Cover??

I got an Udder Cover for nursing, and the plastic part was bent in half to get it into the box for them to ship it. It straightened out some, but it's definitely more of a 'v' opening than a round opening. I thought I would love the cover, but I'm HATING it! I can't get it to sit right so I can see down to latch DD.

Any nursing covers you love and would recommend? I'm DREADING having to go out in public nursing, because I'm not sure HOW to nurse in public. I really need a good cover because I'm very modest. Don't know how I feel about whipping my boob out to get her latched, and I think if I ever received rude comments it would discourage me from BF'ing. :(

serenas_song 03-25-2012 01:55 PM

Re: Favorite/Best Nursing Cover??

leche au lait. the best!

kwaii_amaranth 03-25-2012 02:39 PM

I have a nursing cover, but now that DD is bigger she hates it. She gets really hot and spends more time trying to pull it off than nurse. Hard to be modest when you are battling over a cover! Although I did like my Bebe au Lait cover for when she was little and it took forever for her to latch (and unlatch, and latch again, and unlatch, lol).

Now I have two nursing tanks from Undercover Mama, and I LOVE them for nursing in public. Now that DD is bigger and is such a pro, I can discreetly nurse her with just the tank and most people never even notice. And it works with all my normal shirts so I didn't need to buy a bunch of special nursing clothing. Greatest purchase ever!

MyKzooFamily 03-25-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwaii_amaranth (Post 14854240)
I have a nursing cover, but now that DD is bigger she hates it. She gets really hot and spends more time trying to pull it off than nurse. Hard to be modest when you are battling over a cover! Although I did like my Bebe au Lait cover for when she was little and it took forever for her to latch (and unlatch, and latch again, and unlatch, lol).

Now I have two nursing tanks from Undercover Mama, and I LOVE them for nursing in public. Now that DD is bigger and is such a pro, I can discreetly nurse her with just the tank and most people never even notice. And it works with all my normal shirts so I didn't need to buy a bunch of special nursing clothing. Greatest purchase ever!

I have an undercover mama tank and it seems to work really nice. I think I may need to go this route. DD HATES the nursing cover because she gets SO hot underneath them, and it's so hot that even I start to sweat. It's already getting warm outside, and will only get hotter, so I need to kind of throw my 'modesty' out the window and just quickly latch and not worry if anyone sees my nipple between the boob out and latching, and unlatch and covering. It will be SO awkward to do around family, though, so hopefully when we are around family, I can turn my back or even go in another room. :)

mandymatus 03-26-2012 07:03 PM

i have a homemade cover, but honestly, i've pretty much abandoned it. i wear a nursing tank and a shirt overtop so little is showing. just my nipple is out and my hand and her head cover that. when she is latched the shirt is very close to her nose. i usually try to find the most quiet corner i can, or turn just so in my chair. i think it's so much more discreet this way, because most people don't even know that you are nursing, whereas with a cover it's obvious that you are nursing. especially when the baby start squirming and howling bc it hates it!! haha!

dncegrl 03-26-2012 07:21 PM

I used a homemade cover that was made a bit wider than the normal covers. I haven't used it in awhile cuz I wear a spaghetti strap underneath and pull my shirt up. And I also like to wear my ergo so the Hood covers him.