Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371907)

Michelle_M 03-25-2012 08:16 PM

What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

I am going to a baby shower on Saturday (I literally JUST got the invite).

She is planning on BFing and already has a breast pump. I was thinking that for my shower gift I could make her a breast feeding basket.

Besides some of my favorite nursing pads and some lanolin, what should I put in the basket?

God bless!

MamaCrunch 03-25-2012 08:25 PM

Re: What to put in a "breastfeeding basket?"

Burp cloths? Maybe a good book on breastfeeding (with a good trouble shooting guide)? Might be hard to find last minute, but if you're crafty, maybe you could make them, but some cute onsies like "I eat at Mom's" or something... those hot/cold rice things to soothe sore breasts?

Just some suggestions... Wish someone had gotten me a BF basket! LOL

shortcake2386 03-25-2012 08:27 PM

nice water bottle

Michelle_M 03-25-2012 08:29 PM

Great ideas! Thanks.

God bless!

Michelle_M 03-25-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaCrunch (Post 14855141)
Burp cloths? Maybe a good book on breastfeeding (with a good trouble shooting guide)? Might be hard to find last minute, but if you're crafty, maybe you could make them, but some cute onsies like "I eat at Mom's" or something... those hot/cold rice things to soothe sore breasts?

Just some suggestions... Wish someone had gotten me a BF basket! LOL

I'm so glad you said this. I was feeling a little bad for not buying stuff off of her registry, but having nursed 3 little ones, yeah i wish someone had given me a BFing basket too.

She's a first time mom and is very committed to BFing, with a huge support system for it!

God bless!

Michelle_M 03-25-2012 08:32 PM

I wanted to get her some pads from my favorite WAHM, but it's such short notice, I might have to just go buy some Medella ones. They aren't AS great as the WAHM ones I get, but they are the best of the store bought options, imho.

God bless!

nikkibreeze 03-25-2012 08:36 PM

I love the idea! A book, nice water bottle, and maybe a nursing cover would go great with what you already mentioned.

starfairy1980 03-25-2012 08:39 PM

I'm guessing this is her first? Maybe a prepaid apt to see an LC?

MamaCrunch 03-25-2012 08:42 PM

Yeah, I struggled horribly and had no support system really, I had a LC the first time around, but it was through WIC and she wasn't of much help other than a little emotional support... I barely made it 5 months with DS (I was down to producing only about 1oz or less per day and it was such a struggle, it just wasn't worth it anymore) and 2.5 months with DD (same issues, but added a stubborn colicky baby with health issues... ugh!) I would have LOVED to have had someone do something like this for me! Might have helped me keep going!

Having a support system would have been great! But I don't really know anyone besides SIL who actually BF and she really didn't ever even have to try! She was producing so much from day 1 with all of her kids, the hospital told her to stop pumping because she was producing enough milk for the entire nursery! LOL My mother never breast fed... she tried, but apparently they told her her milk was spoiled (?!?!?) so she never tried again with any of her other kids... Wish I had found DS A LOT sooner!

Glad she has someone like you! :) I used store bought pads and they were great! :) I would love some cute ones if there is a next time though! :P

Michelle_M 03-25-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfairy1980 (Post 14855209)
I'm guessing this is her first? Maybe a prepaid apt to see an LC?

That would be awesome if I could afford it! LOL

God bless!