Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Nursing past infancy...what position does your LO nurse in the most? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372305)

doodle19 03-26-2012 07:03 PM

Nursing past infancy...what position does your LO nurse in the most?

DD2 is 12.5months, I hated to put toddler in the title b/c to me she's not a toddler but a baby :blush: (even though she's been walking for 3 months)anyway, while nursing her tonight before bed I sat looking at her and thought how she still loves/prefers to be cradled when nursing. Very few times she'll set up and lean with her head laying against my chest and nurse and she's not an acrobat as some describe. I'm assuming I could always cradle her if that's what she wanted, but seems like eventually she may prefer something else. So anyway, how old is your nursling "toddler" and what's their favorite position?

Bellamoon 03-26-2012 07:17 PM

Re: Nursing past infancy...what position does your LO nurse in the most?

on his knees belly to belly. Its cute but i miss the cuddle position.

MamaJax2010 03-26-2012 08:43 PM

DS is the same age and he still cuddles most of the time, but he also does what I Call silly nursies. He will push me flat in my back and almost turn in circles while he nurses. He's a nut! Definitely a boobnastics pro!

Marbie 03-26-2012 08:47 PM

I definitely prefer the cradle, but Dd (12 mo.) likes to latch on with the cradle and then stick her fluffy bum in the air. It's ok if she can stay still, but she is an acrobat as well and it hurts!

qsefthuko 03-26-2012 08:49 PM

My baby is 9 months old. Although he nurses in the cradle hold he likes to twist his body as he nurses.

sanddimarie 03-26-2012 08:50 PM

Cradle. It's only if I'm doing something else that he wants to sit up and nurse.
Since we're attempting weaning, he really only gets to nurse while laying down.
ETA- he's 17 months.

Connor 03-26-2012 09:52 PM

My DS is 2.5. When he nurses to sleep he lays on top of me, we both prefer it. During the day he mostly nurses sitting up in my lap, either straddling me (but belly to belly), or with his legs to one side or the other. We rarely do cradle hold anymore. Sometimes in public I will if I want to be VERY discreet.

myoo 03-27-2012 09:11 AM

I still try to cradle hold DS (12 months) and he'll tolerate it sometimes, but mostly he wants to sit on my lap facing me, straddling my body with his legs, and leaning his head to one side or the other (switching back and forth frequently).

Teexie 03-27-2012 01:20 PM

DD is 11 months and has preferred to nurse lying down since she was about 4 months. She hates to be cradled but will occasionally nurse sitting up, only if she wants a quick snack!

You Tell 'Em 03-28-2012 03:25 PM

If she's tired and I'm trying to nurse her down (not laying down in bed) then she's in the cradle position. Otherwise it's a mix, but mostly she'll straddle me (tummy to tummy pretty much) and will rest her head on my chest while nursing (and will move her head from side to side on occasion) --- otherwise she's trying to do the downward dog and every other random position you can think of with a boob in her mouth :giggle2: My DD is 16 months.