Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   planned cs (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372582)

champatlife 03-27-2012 12:28 PM

planned cs

For those of you who had planned csections, were you able to go to your due date? Or was it earlier?

ashersmomoo 03-27-2012 03:45 PM

Re: planned cs

They let me! However, I my history is that I have very healthy pregnancies, but simply do not go into labor! My cervix refuses to admit a baby is in there!!! :giggle: So, they also know I'm not going to go into labor. So I don't know if those thing play into it all. :goodvibes: But anyway, I had no problem with it!

aries416 03-27-2012 04:20 PM

Mine was after my due date.

raisingcropsandbabies 03-27-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champatlife (Post 14862580)
For those of you who had planned csections, were you able to go to your due date? Or was it earlier?

I asked my doc to let me go to my due date with my second c-section. The day he schedules was 3 days after my due date, but he said if I went into labor, to just come in and he'd do the c-section. I went into labor on my due date and we went in and had the c-section eventually. That is a very long, frustrating story short and I will never do that again.

With my 3rd c-section, I just scheduled the c-section at 39 weeks pregnant.

amgermain 03-29-2012 08:06 AM

I did mine at 39w1d and I was in labor when I went in :)

jjoneday 03-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashersmomoo (Post 14863586)
They let me! However, I my history is that I have very healthy pregnancies, but simply do not go into labor! My cervix refuses to admit a baby is in there!!! :giggle: So, they also know I'm not going to go into labor. So I don't know if those thing play into it all. :goodvibes: But anyway, I had no problem with it!

Ashersmomoo,

I was just wondering, since you said your body never goes into labor, how long were you allowed to go past your due dates? Did you try for a VBAC with any of your subsequent pregnancies? Just curious, because I had an unnecessary c-section with my first at about 39 weeks and had not dilated or effaced at that point and with DD#2 I went to 41 and 6 days and until I actually was in active labor I thought my body would never go into labor on its own...just curious.

eli'smama 03-29-2012 11:55 AM

My 2nd one is scheduled for 39wks2days. They let me pick the date pretty much any day between 38-40wks that my OB had surgery hours available! So May 7th at noon it will be:)

masja 03-29-2012 12:14 PM

I went into labor with DS at 38w 5 d and ended up with an emergency section due to not being able to deliver naturally. They scheduled me for a repeat section with dd at 38w 6 d and this time I am going in at 38 w 4d :)

american_mommy 03-29-2012 12:32 PM

No, my drs have never wanted me to get that close. My first 2 children I labored and tried but they wouldn't come out. #3,5 & 5 were planned

austinandashlynsmommy 03-31-2012 10:41 AM

My ob will do a scheduled repeat C-section anytime after 39 weeks (not before unless there is a medical reason) and prefers to do them on Monday or Tuesday. I had my dd at 39 weeks exactly, ds at 37 weeks 6 days (low amniotic fluid), and I am tentatively scheduled for this baby at 39 weeks again.