Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   NEW! 30 week preemie was born 3/15/12 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1373840)

skyericsson 03-29-2012 10:17 PM

NEW! 30 week preemie was born 3/15/12

1 Attachment(s)
well I don't really know how to say this but our baby was due May 20 and she is now here! we have a 30 week preemie. Sång Meer Ericsson (Sång is swedish and pronounced "song") was born via c-sedtion 3/15/12 2lbs 13oz 15.5 inches long stamping her feet and crying. I went to a regular appointment at my perinates and at the U/S they saw a clot in her umbilical cord that was life threatening to her. Usually these clots are not caught and in gods hands it was found I was rushed via ambulance to ABQ and she was born within 3 hrs. She was NOT put on a ventilator and at day 7 she was breathing room air at day 9 they took out the pic IV line and all she has now is the feeding tube in her nose. The doctors are all fascinated by her they say its god because they don't know how else she would be doing so well. Today she had her first bottle by mouth and she is getting all breastmilk. I soon can start nursing her and she has latched on during "dry nuzzling" she is now up to 27 cc per feeding and weighs in at 3lbs 1oz

Finally:blush: Added Her birth story If you want to read the whole thing:giggle:

As you all know I had our DD early at 30 weeks Gestation ten weeks early!
I had an appointment on Friday March 23 my perinates but my husband and I just had a feeling I should just go earlier if I could. Well they were able to see me on Thursday March 15th for an Ultrasound and at the U/S the Tech (Heidi) her guardian angel saw a clot in her umbilical cord that was life threatening to her. Usually these clots called Umbilical Thrombus are not caught or seen and it becomes too late for the baby to survive as the clot will grow and move. However God had a different plans for our Sång (pronounced SONG) in his hands she was HELD UP, she was held tightly safe. My Perinatologist told me I was not going back home. My DH and other two kids were back in Taos I came to the appointment alone down in Santa Fe. I was rushed via ambulance to Albuquerque. I had a great nurse named Chris who gave me 1 steroid shot in the bum~ it did not hurt at all. One of my Doctors came in and I was on a monitor, I went with him and saw the vascular sonographer and it was confirmed there was a clot, an umbilical thrombus which is very rare and even rarer for anyone to catch it or see it happening. The clot had grown 50% and migrated since leaving santa fe and coming to ABQ which is about 1 hr away.Once the baby is born the clot is no longer a threat so I was prepped for a c-section. DH arrived just in time to come in with me and I got a spinal our dear friend Malinda stayed with our other two in the waiting room.
Sång Meer Ericsson (Sång is swedish and pronounced "song") was born via c-sedtion 3/15/12 2lbs 13oz 15.5 inches long stamping her feet and crying. Lifted safely up and out of me by GOD and handed to a great team at the NICU~our little girl was good. She was great, she was OK! She was NOT put on a ventilator and at day 7 she was breathing room air at day 9 they took out the pic IV line and the feeding tube in her nose came out a few day after. She was eating on her own! She was latching and nursing! The doctors are all fascinated by her they say its GOD because they don't know how else she would be doing so well. Both perinatologist are amazed by her and the NICU team as well. The all marched in to the NICU see this little feisty baby that beat all the odds and was doing so well. She is sweet and spunky and strong via GOD. The next 4 weeks she spent in the NICU and I went to see her every day. My DH had to be back in Taos with our ODD because she had school and I kept our DS with me. They have a great volunteer staff and helpers to that helped me to watch DS so I could see Sång every day and DH would come on the weekends with DD (luckily she had two four day weekends in this time) The beginning of the 3rd week she was moved and then again to the west side of the NICU. I'll never forget Wed April 11th when the Neonatologist said she is going home SUNDAY! the 15th. After coming home she was off O2 for a few days but back on the smallest flow as we are 7500 feet up in the mountains here so they anticipated that. She is off O2 now :lostit:and weighs 5.8lbs as of Wednesday. She does nurse well and is only on my milk now :mrgreen: Her brain scans were perfect and her clot issue was resolved as soon as they clamped her cord off of me. Also one of my doctors had just written an article on Umbilical thrombus again NOT a coincidence. WOW! writing all this... praise GOD!

She was 7 days old here :wub:

Vegan Princess 03-29-2012 10:44 PM

Re: NEW! 30 week preemie was born 3/15/12

Sky: Congratulations!!! She is so precious and beautiful! What a true miracle that they caught the clot and that she is such a strong little girl! She gets is from a mama who never gave up in her battle to have her! I will keep you both in my prayers - praying that all continues as well as it has! And I love the name you chose. :-)

Cindy

this_mel_rocks 03-29-2012 10:48 PM

What a sweet angel. She is going to give you a run for your money with how strong she is. Congrats!

luvsviola 03-29-2012 10:50 PM

Congrats!!!!! She is beautiful! God has definitely blessed your family.

me_just_me 03-30-2012 12:08 AM

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm due on May 20th, so it is especially amazing to see what my baby could look like if she were born now.

You are so, so, lucky that the clot was found and caught in time - that is just amazing how it all worked out and you and she are okay.

skyericsson 03-30-2012 12:32 AM

Thanks everybody she really is a little miracle!

skyericsson 03-30-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me_just_me (Post 14875905)
Congratulations! She is beautiful! I'm due on May 20th, so it is especially amazing to see what my baby could look like if she were born now.

You are so, so, lucky that the clot was found and caught in time - that is just amazing how it all worked out and you and she are okay.

yes everything happened so fast we feel blessed that she is ok!

janay0865 03-30-2012 04:29 AM

Aww! what a beautiful little girl! Congrats mama :) Keeping you all in my prayers! What a true miracle and blessing!

sillyutalktome 03-30-2012 06:10 AM

Congratulations! She is beautiful! What an amazing life your little one has had so far. Her name is absolutely perfect as I imagine your entire family will continue to sing God's praises for His intervention.

magdalynaa 03-30-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by me_just_me (Post 14875905)

I'm due around the same time, and I've been wondering the same thing. So glad she's doing so well!