Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   Aug. '11 - April Chat (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1374909)

heyuitsme 04-01-2012 07:43 PM

Aug. '11 - April Chat

Happy April everyone!
here we go!

and a note from Sydney cuz she wanted to "do the letters"

jvi9uuiuiuifuihhjjgvi99iiojviijjjuiu8fuvcjjjjifiij cuxcijijidzccixcncxmxiuczNuijnzudsxnoidyuiuzubuxzy bNis
sydney

she typed her name too. she is getting very good at typing her name, no help from me at all. :)

heyuitsme 04-01-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

super corny joke/riddle of the day...

"If April showers bring may flowers...
...what do mayflowers bring?"

I'll answer it tomorrow.
for now, gotta get these kiddos to bed. we went for a nice walk, sydney in a stroller (lazy bum :giggle:), elijah on wayne in a ergo like carrier, and kezia on me in a wrap. then it started to sprinkle a bit. time for bed for kids, then a nice hot shower for me.

estradaamyl 04-01-2012 08:31 PM

Junebugs? :giggle2:

Everyone is sick now. Puking, diarrhea and super tired and grumpy. Casper isn't peeing. :( Waiting for the on call Dr to call. More prayers please. :(

heyuitsme 04-01-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estradaamyl (Post 14888350)
Junebugs? :giggle2:

Everyone is sick now. Puking, diarrhea and super tired and grumpy. Casper isn't peeing. :( Waiting for the on call Dr to call. More prayers please. :(

oooh, junebugs! now that is clever, but not the corny answer my dad came up with. :giggle2:

poor caspian. praying right away.

mommyof2wildboys 04-01-2012 09:16 PM

Pilgrims!

I hope everyone feels better soon Amy.

Lots of errands today. T's birthday is on Sat so I was getting his present together :)

MamaCoffee 04-02-2012 12:24 AM

Hi Everyone!

Amy - Praying for your family! Hope Caspian is okay. Not peeing is not good. :(

Naomi - I know this is old news, but SO glad you heard about your wrap! That is so awesome! I have been bitten by the woven wrap bug. Got several otw and have become a serious stalker of the babywearing swap on facebook. And I am drooling over that Night Berry one. Can't wait to see YOUR wrap and how it looks.

Britt - I totally understand about feeling sorta trapped. I've been dealing with some of that recently and feeling like I am loosing myself. I, too, just got back from So Cali and it was so SO nice to be kinda spoiled and pampered a bit by my parents. Does help clear the head. "Me time" is so important! Make sure you are taking it!!

Crystal - Sorry to hear that you're feeling overwhelmed with work and kids. Just remember "But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

Sara - So glad to hear that your little peanut gained some weight! Whoo hoo! Hopefully this is the start of a gaining trend!

AFM - DS says it's been since March 13th that I've logged on. Oops. My DS app wasn't/isn't working and I am so rarely on the computer anymore that DS has fallen to the wasteside. Haven't even been lurking. Ellie is doing so great! She is sitting up like a champ, and loves being on her tummy and is showing signs of wanting to crawl, so I know it won't be long. She doesn't have any teeth yet, which I am more than okay with. Like I said on the FB page, she has proven to be a biter, so I am scared of the prospect of her getting any teeth. Micah didn't get his first teeth until two weeks before his first birthday, so I am more than okay waiting that long with Elle. The kids and I just got back this week from spending 10 days in So Cali with my parents. Chris was working on his National Board Certification (for teaching) so the kids and I went down there to give him some serious uninterrupted time to finish it up. That was SO nice. Nice escape from the Portland rain/wind/yuck. It's long wet winters/springs like these that I really miss living down there. Kids did so great on the flights down and back and it was overall a really great trip! Now, just getting ready to go visit the in-laws up in the middle of no-where NE Washington for a couple days. Hopefully it's not too stressful.

Ellie turned 7 months on the 24th but we still haven't really started any solids with her yet. For no reason other than it just hasn't happened yet. I think once we get back from the in-laws we'll pull out the high chair and get her going on some. We're leaning more towards BLW instead of doing jarred/purred foods, so we'll see how that goes. We did try some banana the other day and she promptly turned her nose up at it without even taking a bite.

Like I mentioned above, I have been bitten by the woven wrap bug. Man o man, I am loving my wraps, and I have a few otw too. Makes getting stuff done around the house SO much easier when I can throw Ellie up on my back in a ringsling back carry, or a wrap. She likes being able to see over my shoulder, which she can't do in the Ergo, so that keeps her happier for much longer. So, I have been obsessively stalking the FB swap page and been enjoying the FB chat group. Lots of fun stuff to learn, and tons of wraps to drool over. :drif:

Anyways, off to bed!! Happy April Everyone!

estradaamyl 04-02-2012 09:47 AM

He peed!!! Never quite been this excited to change a diaper! Lol. I need that jumping around smiley.

mommyof2wildboys 04-02-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by estradaamyl
He peed!!! Never quite been this excited to change a diaper! Lol. I need that jumping around smiley.

Yay! What did the Dr say?

Andbabymakes2 04-02-2012 04:10 PM

Yay for peeing! lol healing vibes Amy!

Been busy here. Evan is finally sitting up!!! whoo hoo! no rolling though. Trying to get through this last 6 wks of preK for the girls. Need to get my house in order before the wknd. Dh's family (mom's side) are all going to be here Sunday. bleh. not excited one bit, lol. I was hoping my mom would come too, but it's not looking like it.

We bought a swing set for the girls, and it should be here tomorrow. Hope we can get it put together before the wknd. Garden is going ! stuff is popping up! yay! Got flower seeds planted in the front yard as well. We really need to work on getting stuff done inside now. I'm so tired of stuff being undone. Not for lack of being busy though. Dh and his brother built a deck on MIL's house this wknd! Can't wait for the citywide yard sale next month.I have tons of stuff to sell- mostly kids clothes, but I really need to purge the storage unit so we can get rid of it. (once we get a shed/garage it won't be so bad).

anywhoo- did I mention I dyed my hair? It's red now- lol.

mommabritt 04-02-2012 04:16 PM

Here Amy.... :yay: !!!

Naomi, didn't get play on the joke but my answer is also PILGRIMS.

Wow is it hot here today!! 94. This must be a dang joke because if it's already 94 on April 2 I don't want to see August. I have big birthday dreams to fulfill. Mostly mine. Lol

This is a busy week for me. Today is soccer practice for Caleb (he started a new tourny team), tomorrow is basketball game (again Caleb) and a MOPS mtg (I'm going to support a friend who is guest speaking), Wed I have lunch plans with my cousin who is here visiting from Germany and Thursday and each day leading up to it is laundry and packing!!! At bedtime thursday were leaving for Minnesota. I hear the drive sucks. Gonna be fun. Not.