Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Almost 7 months post-surgery...How is everyone feeling??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1375095)

CDNMommyofmany 04-02-2012 10:23 AM

Almost 7 months post-surgery...How is everyone feeling???

When I had my c-section I was told that recovery would be very similar to having mono, that it could take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year before feeling completely "normal" again...I am now realizing that may be true!
Anyone still feeling tired, getting headaches easily, physically "unfit" (like feeling out of breath quicker when holding something over 12lbs)...etc?

Lovinmama3 04-02-2012 02:47 PM

Re: Almost 7 months post-surgery...How is everyone feeling???

Interesting, I was feeling like "myself" 3 months or so after my second c-section. I was going to the gym 4 days a week and actually lost an additional 25lbs from 3-6m pp. Now I am pregnant again though. :giggle:

It took me more like 5 months to feel more like myself after my first c-section though. I think a lot of it had to deal with laboring 36hrs beforehand and not laboring at all before my 2nd c-section.

CDNMommyofmany 04-02-2012 06:26 PM

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with it being baby #6 (and being my first ever surgery!)...and having 4 kids under the age of 6:) Maybe I would just be tired anyway, lol!

raisingcropsandbabies 04-02-2012 08:15 PM

I'm almost 6 months post-op and have just started being able to lightly work out (with Richard Simmons) without feeling like my incision is gonna pop open. :) It's my 3rd c-section (4th kiddo). And yes, CDN, I think the spacing of children has a lot to do with healing time. My kids are 4 years old and younger and with all the lifting and physical work x4; it adds up and makes for a longer recovery. I still get pangs of pain, but definitely better than even one month ago. If we have another baby, I want to space it more like a couple years from now because this last c-section was complicated and harder to recover from and I still feel like a trainwreck somedays!

daniele_ut 04-18-2012 04:54 PM

I'm 4 months out from my 4th c-section and this time I had a c-section/hysterectomy because of placenta increta. I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, though I have some more weight leftover that I didn't have at this stage with any of my other deliveries. Each of my recoveries was a little easier (though the hyst complicated things a bit this time), so I suspect that it has to do with the fact that it's your first c-section.

Ashsmama 04-19-2012 08:55 PM

Hey, I'm almost 4 months post cesarean. I've had two c-sections. Both times I've healed up very well. With my first I started running/exercising after 6 weeks (when I got the ok from my doc) and I ran a 5K 4 months after. This time I also started running/exercising after 6 weeks but haven't kept it up. But what bothers me this time isn't physically but mentally and emotionally. I've been having a hard time dealing with having c-sections. I keep getting flashbacks from the surgery and it makes me almost black out or faint. I get short of breath and shaky. Anybody else feels this way?

WilliamsMama 07-14-2012 12:34 PM

I'm almost 7 months post-c-section and I feel physically the same...BUT I just CANNOT lose the last 10 pounds that seems to be hanging out between my thighs and my stomach. It is SO annoying. I've tried diet, Insanity (which I quit after 3 weeks because of ankle strain), etc.

I haven't had any mental or emotional problems from the c-section, other than the fact that I was really depressed at first that I had to have one after hoping for a natural birth. Still am disappointed, knowing that I probably will need another one next time around.

tats1984 08-31-2012 10:25 PM

I'm 8 months pp and I think I feel pretty normal, but definitely not myself, I don't know if I'll ever be the same!