Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   recycled packaging? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1375828)

luvnmyboys 04-03-2012 05:20 PM

recycled packaging?

Would you buy bath products that came in recycled jars? The jars would be cleaned and sterilized before filling. I'm getting ready to venture into the wahm world. Part of my goal is to stay environmentally friendly. I want to know if this would turn off customers though.

poopstermomma 04-03-2012 06:16 PM

Re: recycled packaging?

I think it's awesome, but maybe other people wouldn't? I think most wahms try to make their packaging as professional looking as possible, and then, byy using special bottles and jars, they have standard sizes and weights for their products.

When I first opened my etsy, I wanted to package my items in a plastic bag, and then ship in cereal boxes and pasta boxes- whatever empty boxes I had around. I was advised against it. :shrugs:

luvnmyboys 04-03-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopstermomma (Post 14898024)
I think it's awesome, but maybe other people wouldn't? I think most wahms try to make their packaging as professional looking as possible, and then, byy using special bottles and jars, they have standard sizes and weights for their products.

When I first opened my etsy, I wanted to package my items in a plastic bag, and then ship in cereal boxes and pasta boxes- whatever empty boxes I had around. I was advised against it. :shrugs:

lol. thank you. i would be jazzing up the jars to make them look cute and they would all be the same kind of jars in the same size so i could keep standard weights. i am trying to limit the amount of plastic i'm using. buying new glass jars just isn't in my budget since i'm just starting out selling.

CurtsBabyMama 04-08-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopstermomma (Post 14898024)

I once received a package in an empty oatmeal box, I thought it was pretty funny when I saw it in my mailbox. :goodvibes:

Veg's Dragonflies 09-03-2012 01:29 PM

If it made the cost to the buyer cheaper... then yes I would definitely want to buy from you.

DevotedAuntie 09-03-2012 01:42 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I imagine that some people would. I am one to save every container that may be able to be reused. I also sorta think it would add to the charm of having a homemade item rather than a mass produced item.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DS Forum

Addicted2Chocolate 09-04-2012 09:03 PM

I would absolutely buy WAHM products in repurposed packaging especially if it were marketed as Eco friendly.

mosintomato 09-07-2012 04:21 PM

Nope as long as u dressed it up

megenic 09-07-2012 04:29 PM

I would be thrilled to receive a product in a recycled jar! I would also be happy to get something in a cereal box. Everyone should do their part to reduce waste, businesses included.

However there are probably many who don't agree. Perhaps you could put a blurb on your site that plays up the recycled jar part. Like make it one of your key selling points that you reuse and sterilize - spin it as though there is no question that this is a positive thing. The way you market a product can make all the difference so if you put that right in your description more people would probably think its a good thing.

Hands&Fire Pottery 09-11-2012 07:46 PM

I would hesitate on this honestly as allergies are an issue for us, and not knowing what was in there before would make me nervous. I am all for recycling though if it is within our safety comfort level- like recycled packaging, etc.