Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early Arrivals (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=210)
-   -   Any ideas to make it to term? - Update!!! - (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376061)

BooneNicuMama 04-04-2012 09:01 AM

Any ideas to make it to term? - Update!!! -

I have two beautiful daughters that are 28 months and 18 months. Both are the light of my life and mean the world to me. However, they will soon be joined by another precious little one :giggle:

Both of my angels, however were preterm. Spontaneous labor with both. So nothing really trackable or treatable. They tried to stop labor with both, and failed in even delaying it, let alone stopping it. -- At this point keep in mind I HAVE gone through two preterm babies and know what the normal stuff is and am rather experienced in it all, unfortunately.--

I have taken all precautions I should according to my OB (s, yes two). But it still feels like there should be more then this to do. 17p shots, monitoring me on U/s every 4 weeks until 16 weeks, when we go to every 2 and add stress tests and cervix checks.... no work after 20 weeks unless we see the cervix start to shorten before then..... I mean, I suppose I could go on leave now, but financially this is going to put so much strain on us all as it is, so I am trying to make it to that 20 week mark.

If you have unkind comments, please keep them to yourself. I have had a very rough time with my two children, and I honestly am thrilled to be welcoming my last. But i want to be able to finally bring home my dear little one, rather then leave it in an isolate and stare at a photo or two instead of nursing my child. This is a hard situation, and I am unsure if there is anything more I can do.... But just consider this a pregnant woman's cry for advice and support. This is very exciting and terrifying for me, excitement of course wins out. How could it not, looking at that lil baby?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...41267051_n.jpg

vmomma 04-12-2012 12:22 AM

Re: Any ideas to make it to term?

Congrats mama!! It sounds like you are doing everything you can to have a full-term baby. Aside from going on bedrest as early as possible, I really don't see what else you can do. I know the thought of another preemie is terrifying, but every pregnancy is different, and your not destined to deliver early!

I will definitely be thinking about you!

BooneNicuMama 04-12-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmomma (Post 14936474)
Congrats mama!! It sounds like you are doing everything you can to have a full-term baby. Aside from going on bedrest as early as possible, I really don't see what else you can do. I know the thought of another preemie is terrifying, but every pregnancy is different, and your not destined to deliver early!

I will definitely be thinking about you!

I feel like full term is beyond my reach! I want to make it though! Thank you for the support and kind words. They want me on bed rest, but the likelihood that I can go on full bed rest is completely unreasonable being I'm the only option to take care of my precious 2 and 1 year olds. (( Not to mention they might understand baby in mama's belly, but not that this means mama can't love/play with them like normal.))

Thank you for the support!! Here's to a solid 37 weeks :giggle: *longs for such*

vmomma 04-12-2012 03:33 PM

I totally understand that! I was on bedrest at 18 weeks with my 25 weeker and was certain I did NOT want to do that again! Here I am at 34 weeks, no bedrest, and no labor in sight! It can be done!

mibarra 04-12-2012 05:12 PM

Rest as much as you can, eat well and often, try to avoid lifting anything over 10 lbs as much as you can (hard with 2 LOs, I know), stay hydrated. I would avoid things like induce labor. Avoid strenuous scrubbing, like cleaning bathtubs and toilets. Try and at least sit down and breathe deeply 10-20 minutes every 2 hours, lay down if you can. Good luck! :)

dreamingkristin 04-12-2012 06:40 PM

What's the cause??? Does your cervix dialate early??? I have contractions and an irritable uterus the whole time.... my first was a preemie... my other 2 made it to 37 weeks... one I was bedrested with from 20 weeks on - did stop contractions any ways (Procardia, Terbutaline, and a week on Mag. Sulfate) possible but cervix just didn't dialte till 37 weeks and she came super fast... .my other one I continued to work till 34 weeks when contractions and teaching just got to be too hard.... and he came at 37 weeks also.... with this one its pretty much the same as with my last one... I'm 35 weeks now.. with regular contractions but cervix isn't doing too much... and I've done nothing different this time than I did with any of the other ones....

Have the dr.s given you any idea why you tend to go early? And how early were your babies?

BooneNicuMama 04-13-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamingkristin (Post 14940506)
What's the cause??? Does your cervix dialate early??? I have contractions and an irritable uterus the whole time.... my first was a preemie... my other 2 made it to 37 weeks... one I was bedrested with from 20 weeks on - did stop contractions any ways (Procardia, Terbutaline, and a week on Mag. Sulfate) possible but cervix just didn't dialte till 37 weeks and she came super fast... .my other one I continued to work till 34 weeks when contractions and teaching just got to be too hard.... and he came at 37 weeks also.... with this one its pretty much the same as with my last one... I'm 35 weeks now.. with regular contractions but cervix isn't doing too much... and I've done nothing different this time than I did with any of the other ones....

Have the dr.s given you any idea why you tend to go early? And how early were your babies?

They are completely uncertain. I'm a puzzle they can not figure out. I've been to so many doctors :cry: I have 2 I see regularly, but honestly, so many... and no answers.

I was in labor with both for a while, it my first I didn't recognize labor right away. I was in labor for two days before I was worried enough to go to the hospital.I had my daughter about 30 hours after being in the hospital.

She was 25 weeks, and we had a few really rough times, but she's here and wonderful now.

My second I was on 17p, and the DAY I was put on bed rest/no work I fell down an entire flight of stairs holding my precious little ten month old. Contractions started about 7 hours later. 18 hours later my precious little 31 weeker was here.

I am 11 weeks with this one, and very nervous. I just want to bring my baby home with me. I know this is so selfish and that I should just be grateful for how well my kids are doing and that they are here... but just this one time I wanna bring baby home with me.

dreamingkristin 04-13-2012 08:05 AM

Wow that would be completely frustrating. I totally understand the wanting to bring home a baby with you. I was the same way with dd.

EuphoricDysphoria 04-13-2012 08:12 AM

This might be TMI, but I've wondered if my DH's sperm was the cause of dilating and so effaced early in my pregnancy. Have you stopped having sex?

BooneNicuMama 04-13-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria (Post 14942541)
This might be TMI, but I've wondered if my DH's sperm was the cause of dilating and so effaced early in my pregnancy. Have you stopped having sex?

Well, if you're okay with my tmi, I can handle yours :giggle:

We hadn't had sex in over a month plus before either came, and I asked the doctor(s, I believe I only asked the normal two.) about the sperm's effect on things. They said if it was going to have any effects on it, it would have had more direct effects. Like, sex one day, issues the next day, or even week.

We presently don't have sex that often, simply because mama is too sick and uncomfortable.