Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat* (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376231)

justineybean 04-04-2012 02:19 PM

* May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

3 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to get a new thread started for the new month. Please share pictures and updates if you like! DD is about 25 lbs. and is crawling and pulling to stand and cruising really well. Getting faster all the time! She's starting to take to solid foods now too which has been fun! She will imitate clapping and waving both her arms above her head which really makes me laugh. Today she imitated me and hugged her baby doll. Melt my heart. :wub: Here she is:

juliabell 04-04-2012 04:40 PM

Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Look at that sweet chubba baby! So adorable. DS eats tons and tons and will never get that chubby :)

I'm overwhelmed. Seriously. DS is waking up a few times a night and just clings to me. He won't go to sleep with nursing, or rocking, he won't come into the bed to sleep. I don't know what's going on. The naps are all over the place. I feel like maybe it's time to just implement 1 nap and early bedtime and see what happens after a week. I'm waking up every night anyway, what's the worst that could happen??

Consequently, I'm tired and irritable. With DS and with DH. Nobody is happy.

In other news, I'm dying my hair back to brown this weekend (it's been blond for a few years now.) I'm hoping to get back to my normal hair which is brown with grey. I'd like to see how it looks. I've also lost 7 lbs! Yay! Clothes are starting to fit again!

That's all my news :P

watermelon 04-04-2012 08:08 PM

Sweet baby Justinybean!

:hugs: Juliabell. It is so hard to be exhausted all the time. But yeah for the 7 pounds lost! I won't lie, I'm jealous.

I get down some days at how behind my girlies are. But most days I can just enjoy how great they are. They both have a spring cold which is a bummer. Hopefully they can kick that soon. With being so early they have a hard time getting over colds. On the upside...when they left the NICU all the doctors and nurses said to be prepared for them being back in the hospital and most likely more than once. Other than one precautionary overnight stay for J, they have never had to go back!

juliabell 04-11-2012 05:07 PM

Looks like our thread is in the doldrums.

Here's where I am. I think I have PMDD. I've never had any issues with PMS prior to now. My period came back last month (ugh) and I kept track of moods and such. I'm expecting AF any day now and am having the same symptoms. Serious irritability and anger at DS. It's hard because then I feel guilty for getting so frustrated and snapping at him. He's a baby for crying out loud. This morning I just laid in bed and didn't want to get up or deal with the day at all. The daytime has been better today, so I expect I'll see AF soon. Lots of irritability and sadness. Not sure how I'm going to approach this, but if it keeps up and isn't just my hormones fluctuating due to reappearance of AF, then I'll get to the Dr. and see what she thinks. Considering buying some B vitamins as well since I've used those before as a mood enhancer. It's strange, it seems to only last for a few days, right at the end of my luteal phase. Apparently classic PMDD.

I do know that I have a slight anxiety disorder and some OCD so maybe the hormones are exacerbating that a bit. I don't know. This whole discussion probably belongs over in the Mental Health forum, but I know you ladies.

Anywho, that's it. Not much else besides crazy teething and busy/active DS getting into EVERYTHING. Bought myself a Girasol Amitola Purpura woven wrap. GORGEOUS. Now I just have to get the hang of wrapping DS up in it!! Harder than the youtube videos make it look!

watermelon 04-12-2012 07:12 AM

Juliabell I had a lot more "issues" at those times after I had children. Cramps lessened but mood swings etc. increased. Once I finally stopped nursing and being pregnant for awhile after my 4th things evened out. Having babies is a wonderful albeit somewhat traumatic toll on your body! Hang in there and :hugs:!

juliabell 04-12-2012 12:23 PM

Yeah, I didn't notice any problems until the nursing slowed down enough to have AF remake an appearance. I guess it's just something to look forward to for awhile and learn to deal with. I think being able to anticipate it will help. It was just a surprise since prior to having DS I never really had issues with PMS. But I had been on BC for about 8 years - and Yaz at that which is supposed to help.

Honestly, after going off BC, I loved feeling more "human", having a sex drive, and having those ups and downs. I think now it's the more extreme ups and downs that are difficult!

The sun is shining today so it should be a good day :) DS has a cute pair of plaid shorts on which just makes me smile.

watermelon 04-15-2012 09:19 PM

Aren't those moments amazing? When you look at them (in their little plaid shorts or whatever) and you just can't believe you are their Mama?! It's truly a gift!

justineybean 04-16-2012 06:54 AM

Julia :hugs: Sorry I have been very absent from this thread when you were needing support. Feel free to e-mail if you ever want someone to talk to! I do check that frequently. I haven't ever had much issue with PMS either but my sister has struggled with severe mood swings and depressive symptoms around the time of her period for a long time. I can't imagine what that must be like to go through every single month and to feel like you have such little control over how you feel but you know it's coming and it's going to feel awful. :( :hugs:

This is a tad OT but I also am not taking birth control pills right now. I have a diaphragm but find it difficult to put in and take out and my CNM didn't fit me for it so I don't know if it's the fit or what. So I am considering using the pill again. I just mostly feel like it defeats the purpose of letting my body do its own hormonal thing while I'm nursing. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 32 and died when she was 44. Doctors say BFing is supposed to decrease your risk but I always thought it was related to decreased hormones and if I am just replacing them by using BC I wonder how much I am benefiting. That might be totally irrational. :-/

Quote:

Originally Posted by watermelon (Post 14954160)
Aren't those moments amazing? When you look at them (in their little plaid shorts or whatever) and you just can't believe you are their Mama?! It's truly a gift!

Oh yes. The other day a friend was visiting with her daughter and I looked at her baby and thought, "aw, she's cute" and I looked at my girl who had just crawled over in the corner and was staring back at me and when I saw her little face, I thought, "be still my heart... she's the most beautiful person I have ever seen, she's mine and I would do ANYTHING for her." :wub: :giggle:

Tippytoe 04-16-2012 11:22 AM

I missed my 6-week check up, and finally went in last week! My mood swings have been awful. I got my first pp AF and it's been horrendous. Ive never had a period like this. Ever. And it's been
Lingering for three. Now I'm getting cramps, and cravings, and it's starting all over again before it ended! :-(

Hugs, Justineybean. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

I've been trying to decide our plans for BC. We haven't been using anything. My doctors won't prescribe BC pills because I have really bad migraines and my age. They worry about me having a stroke. My hubby won't go for the big V lol. He's scared. I won't have my tubes tied because I guess I'm not quite ready for the finality of no more squish in the belly. So I'm left with Mirena, and I'm not sure about having something foreign in my body ALL.THE.TIME.

Nothing quite like your own little one <3.

So I've been having a difficult time with my gift. The first WAHM didn't get back to me. Now I'm waiting for my second WAHM. Trying to still have hope! Lol.

My poor baby has been sick. But, on a good note, I finally got her to sleep in her crib! Going on three days now ;-). The downside is that i was so full after the first day, i knew i was going to have a plugged duct. Naps are still a struggle for us, as she just won't sleep!

Juliabell, hope your days are getting better and the sunshine lifts your mood <3. We've finally started having some spring weather!!

Have a great day, mamas! We're getting so close to the one year birthdays. Except watermelon, you beat us to it ::giggle::

Tippytoe 04-16-2012 11:23 AM

Oops, looks like I messed up that quote! I inserted my message within it!! :-/