Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If your water broke first w/ one pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1376866)

mama23boyz 04-05-2012 09:00 PM

If your water broke first w/ one pregnancy

did it break first with your others? My first I was induced, so I don't know how labor would have naturally progressed. My labors w/ ds2 &3 were pretty idententical. My water broke as my first sign of labor and then I started having contractions, hard and close. I had them both 5-6 hours after my water broke. I'm just wondering if this one will probably follow the same pattern. Crazy as it sounds, if my water doesn't break first, I'm afraid I may not realize I am in labor. I have been having feelings of "tightnening" in my abdomen off and on today, but very sporatically. I am sure they are just braxton hicks, although I never really got those w/ my last pregnancies.

Christina 04-05-2012 09:04 PM

Re: If your water broke first w/ one pregnancy

With my 1st and 2nd pregnancies my water broke on it's own before labor. With my 3rd and 4th my water didn't break until my OB broke it just minutes before I delivered.
I'm anxious to see what happens with my 5th.

fish3737 04-05-2012 09:30 PM

1st - on it's own when I was sleeping in bed.
2nd - on it's own when I was sitting on the couch watching tv
3rd - my water was broken at the hospital

One difference I did notice - I went fast with #1 and #2 and the water breaking was a gush and then little gushes and trickles. So when my LO's came out it was a HUGE gush. I felt like 20 lbs lighter.

But with #3 and they broke my water - the LO coming out wasn't quite so dramatic of a gush feeling.

I thought for sure that my water would break first - I thought I wouldn't know I was in labor either. But I figured it out. LOL

KEandThree 04-05-2012 09:37 PM

With my first my water was broken by the Dr. And with my second my water broke on its own.....while I was sitting in a wheelchair waiting for the elevator to take me up to the delivery ward. :giggle:

Labor with my first was really traumatic and drawn out....I was 19 and didnt really know anything about giving birth. I just let the doctors tell me what I should do. It was a very unpleasant experience. With my second, I labored at home for quite a while and DS was born about an hour after getting to the hospital. His birth was much more enjoyable.

TwinKristi 04-05-2012 10:33 PM

Nope! My water broke with my first (twins) and then my next would have broken momentarily (he was born moments later, was 9+cm) but I reached down to feel it and it broke. My last 3 were all broken during my inductions.

beaute_marquee 04-06-2012 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mama23boyz
did it break first with your others? My first I was induced, so I don't know how labor would have naturally progressed. My labors w/ ds2 &3 were pretty idententical. My water broke as my first sign of labor and then I started having contractions, hard and close. I had them both 5-6 hours after my water broke. I'm just wondering if this one will probably follow the same pattern. Crazy as it sounds, if my water doesn't break first, I'm afraid I may not realize I am in labor. I have been having feelings of "tightnening" in my abdomen off and on today, but very sporatically. I am sure they are just braxton hicks, although I never really got those w/ my last pregnancies.

My water broke first with DS1, and I was induced with DS2. I had the same fear the entire time I was pregnant with DD. But I woke up and I just knew. The contractions were quite painful and didn't go away.

erin_c_odonnell 04-06-2012 05:42 AM

I had 3 inductions then 2 completely natural birthes at home. Ive finally figured my birth pattern. When my water breaks its the end of the road. Unfortunely sometimes im not sure im even in labor till my water breaks but by then its too late. Good thing we homebirth now- id totally never make it if i waited. Baby 4 came 45 mins after my water broke and baby 5 after 27 mins. If i ever have baby 6 maybe I'll get to skip the last phase completely :giggle2:

Nerissa 04-06-2012 05:44 AM

ds1--had a high leak for a few hours, dialted to 4cm, no contractions that I could feel. Water broke and DS1 was born 3 hr later.

DS2--water broke in hallyway on way to dr appointment. He was born less than 10 min later. I had been having mild -no big deal- contractions for most of the day. Was walking around, talking going about my normal work day.

I am very scared to see what is going to happen this time around.

blueone 04-06-2012 06:12 AM

My water broke early on with DS when I got up to use the bathroom early in the morning and I ended up on pitocin a few hours later because I just wasn't having any major contractions (I didn't even feel them, the only reason I knew I was having them was because I'd leak more water).

I'm sort of hoping it will happen this time too because I don't think I'd know I'm in labor otherwise...But who knows, we'll see. With my mom her water broke early with both labors.

bezark 04-06-2012 06:29 AM

With my first I had 2 days of prodromal labor, then my water broke while I was napping. Active labor started immediately and he was born within 3 hours.
With my second (2 weeks ago today), I went for a normal MW appointment and noticed some fluid in the sterile paper on the table when I got up. The MW checked it and confirmed that I was leaking. This was around 2pm on Thursday. I opted to go home and wait it out. Nothing happened. We went back to the birth center at 7am and she broke my water completely at 9. Labor started at 10am and he was born at 5:17pm. He took so long because he was posterior.