Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Co-sleeping, bf-ing and switching sides - how do you do it? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13772)

aschrimp 06-12-2006 04:54 PM

Co-sleeping, bf-ing and switching sides - how do you do it?

Just curious. I nurse on both sides without rolling over, I just lean more for ds to nurse on the top side. I guess I just assumed that's how everyone did it, but my gf rolls her baby on to the other side at night when it's time to switch breasts...

SamanthaKailea 06-12-2006 04:59 PM

Re: Co-sleeping, bf-ing and switching sides - how do you do it?

we both roll my boobs r huge and its hard for me to keep it off her nose if i try to use the breast on top

mama23boys 06-12-2006 05:07 PM

i've never figured out to nurse from the top boob :headscratch: so he feeds on the left, lays on my tummy to burp and then we roll over! and that took a good while to figure out -LOL

altought the last few nights i "think" he's sleeping more at night bc i'm waking really full on one side!

CourtneyinAlaska 06-12-2006 05:07 PM

:yeahthat:

wbkt8 06-12-2006 05:10 PM

as she's gotten bigger & my bbs have gotten more limber i can now feed from both bbs w/o rolling over (heck, i can even lay on my back now - lol)....however, at night i tend to scoot her over & then get on the other side of her. it's not as elegant as the rolling solution, but that never worked well for us.

Gavin&Brent'sMommy 06-12-2006 05:14 PM

same here, I sit up, scoot him over and then lay on the other side

Jillybean 06-12-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbkt8
as she's gotten bigger & my bbs have gotten more limber i can now feed from both bbs w/o rolling over (heck, i can even lay on my back now - lol)....however, at night i tend to scoot her over & then get on the other side of her. it's not as elegant as the rolling solution, but that never worked well for us.

Same here. I also don't like feeding from the top boob because I'm worried I might squish him if I'm too tired. Would you believe that this is the first baby I have successfully BF laying down and he is my 4th. I would have gotten soooo much more sleep if I had figured this out about 8 yrs ago.

itsmelanie 06-12-2006 05:20 PM

We roll. I probably could feed from both with him on the same side but I've gotten so used to rolling that it's just habit.

Ontariomama 06-12-2006 05:23 PM

I pull Nathan up against me and we roll - dh thinks it's funny! ;)

cajsmommy 06-12-2006 05:42 PM

I voted "nurses on both sides without rolling over". This is how I do it with my toddlers, which is what I'm nursing now. When they were babies though, I would roll myself and them over when it was time to switch sides.