Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Restless legs/feet (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1377307)

MacyKM 04-06-2012 09:41 PM

Restless legs/feet

An anyone give me some advise on how to handle this? Anytime I sit and relax or try to
Sleep they just want to move.

BabySnickerdoodles 04-06-2012 09:52 PM

Re: Restless legs/feet

YES! Take gobs of B6 hon...its nerve related and B6 is an amazing cure for nerve "disfunction" I call it ;) I have RLS whenever AF is here, but also SEVERE RLS when I am preggers...I take 400-500mg, but you might just need 200-300mg. You can't overdose because its water-soluble :thumbsup:

Every.single.person I have told about this "cure" has had it work for them, and I am always telling rls sufferers, because it drove me NUTSO with my first pregnancy...started with my 2nd and researched it all out and found B6 to work, and have never had to deal with it since. Whenever I even get a LITTLE tingle now, I take a little extra (on top of whats in prenatals..), and about 15 minutes later its gone. I've also had emergen-c work, but there are other "perky" vitamins in that that can keep me buzzed, and usually the RLS kicks in at nighttime or when I'm most tired/resting/sitting.

Often women are already deficient in vitamin B6, but pregnancy REALLY sucks it outta you, so the RLS gets worse then, because the B6 you do have going in with prenatals and foods, is going straight to growing baby, not replenishing your body...so that's why its so important.

Give it a try! :)

BabySnickerdoodles 04-06-2012 09:56 PM

Oooh, I wanted to mention...that if you are taking a vitamin b complex, that can actually make it worse. for some reason b12 especially made mine MUCH worse...

And some people also suggest taking magnesium? That might be something to try if the B6 doesn't do the trick for some reason :)

CherryPie 04-06-2012 10:51 PM

I've heard it is linked to lower iron as well. I would check with your dr before taking any additional iron supplements though.

Maplecat 04-07-2012 05:33 AM

I have mild anemia this pregnancy and have been supplementing with Floradix for months. My legs have been better this pregnancy than the previous three. Goo luck--restless leg is so irritating.

MacyKM 04-07-2012 06:34 AM

Thank you Ladies- lower iron would make sense- they think I might have pika I think it's called? I want to eat dirt and tide- I don't though! Lol I just smell a thing of tide all day- like all day. I go to the doc on Tuesday again and they are going to check all of my levels.

momma2a&h 04-07-2012 06:44 AM

This is going to sound kind of crazy but I read awhile back on a blog that putting a bar of soap by your feet when you go to sleep helps with restless legs. Some said Dove ... I've heard others say Irish Spring ... and I seriously have no clue why this would help but people swear it does. Just thought I'd pass on a non-medical intervention .... couldn't hurt to try, right? :giggle:

mamanorsby 04-07-2012 06:48 AM

I've also found a heating pad to be useful late at night when I'm trying to sleep and I get "the Jimmie Legs" as we call 'em!

HeatherlovesCDs 04-07-2012 06:50 AM

I have RLS all the time, but it gets extreme while I'm pregnant. It really gets in the way of my marriage. :( Anyway, I've never tried the B6. I may do that. Here is what I use and it works very well....

http://www.restfullegs.com/

It's homeopathic, so totally safe in pregnancy. It is the only thing I've found for me that works. Though, I may try the B6, especially if that stops it before it starts.

Not allowing yourself to get overtired helps too.

I hate RLS. For me, it is the one thing I REALLY hate about pregnancy.

Good luck!