Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Nov (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Midwife Users Check In :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1379428)

twinpossible 04-12-2012 09:43 AM

Midwife Users Check In :)

Just hired my wonderful midwife after 7 interviews and one hospital tour. I am so happy with my choice to birth at home and I am hopeful it will be the opposite of the twin's horrible arrival. Who else is taking back their birth and hiring a midwife? Is this anyone's 2nd home birth? (or 3rd or 4th...) With experiences to share, feel free to brag away!

Veronica 04-12-2012 10:00 AM

Re: Midwife Users Check In :)

Me! After 3 hospital births, we are planning to stay home this time! My first midwife apt. Is may.7th I'm totally excited! My last birth was an awful one.

Amaggiepie 04-12-2012 01:10 PM

We have a midwife, at a birth center. Our tour is Monday, but I'm already sold on this place so I know we'll be going there. First appt. with her is Thursday.

I had a MW for my last birth at the hospital and the birth itself went almost perfect, but it was the afterwards that was totally screwed up by the pushy hospital staff. Hoping my birth center birth is the awesome tranquil experience I've been looking for instead of a fight to do things my way.

sparkygirl74 04-12-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amaggiepie (Post 14938595)
We have a midwife, at a birth center. Our tour is Monday, but I'm already sold on this place so I know we'll be going there. First appt. with her is Thursday.

I had a MW for my last birth at the hospital and the birth itself went almost perfect, but it was the afterwards that was totally screwed up by the pushy hospital staff. Hoping my birth center birth is the awesome tranquil experience I've been looking for instead of a fight to do things my way.

I gave birth to my last baby with a midwife at a hospital last time too, and while the birth went smoothly my aftercare was miserable. I am looking forward to doing a homebirth this time :thumbsup:

AnimalHouse 04-12-2012 01:59 PM

I had an OB with DS1 (induction due to cholestasis), and then midwives from that same practice with DS2 and DS3. I liked my midwives, but the one with DS3 wasn't any more natural-minded than most OBs.

So far, I've been seeing an OB with this baby. My old practice and hospital is over 60 miles away, and I need something closer to home this time. Unfortunately, there are no midwives within 50 miles of my town :(.

khbordelon 04-12-2012 06:02 PM

I had 3 hospital/OB births so far and while they were not "miserable", I am looking forward to giving birth with a midwife at a birth center this time! It is far, about 80 miles but my labors haven't been very fast so far so I should be ok. Plus, we have nobody here to watch the kids and the birth center is closed to FIL, MIL and a good friend of ours so plenty of places to drop off the kiddos.

junejay4life 04-12-2012 09:15 PM

I have had 2 previous home births :wub: :wub: With wonderful midwives.

Due money issues we are considering a birth center in a hospital birth (that is covered by insurance). I have a tour at the birth center on April 25th, we'll see if I like it. I basically told DH this place better be the best birth center in the world, or I'm sticking with my home birth option and just going to suck up the money.

rosefall 04-12-2012 09:38 PM

I use a practice with 2 OBs and 4 midwives. I'd only see the OBs if I have complications. If all goes well, this lo will be born in the in-hospital birthing center like my others (and not in the car).

cherrycoke 04-14-2012 06:02 AM

We will be using MWs at a stand-alone birth center (that is literally seconds away from a hospital if needed). I've already had the tour and my first appt is next Thursday :) I'm excited because while my hospital birth with DS was fine and the aftercare was ok, I felt ready to go home way sooner than they wanted to release us. I'm looking forward to recovering at home and not in the hospital.

patooty 04-14-2012 10:05 AM

6th birth with a midwife at home