Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   Tummy Tuck With C-Section? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1379849)

babygirls2 04-13-2012 12:18 AM

Tummy Tuck With C-Section?

Back when I had dd3 I joked with my ob that I'd love a tummy tuck while he was down there. Then he said that some ob's are licensed to do that. I was just curious if anyone here has done it? I'm curious to find out if it's covered by insurance?!?

jenncatsmeow 04-13-2012 03:31 AM

Re: Tummy Tuck With C-Section?

My best friend did it that way.

2+2macht4 04-13-2012 03:33 AM

I doubt it would be covered by insuranced it is cosmetic. I think you also risk that if you combine it that they may not pay anything towards the c ssection.

raisingcropsandbabies 04-13-2012 04:38 AM

I half-jokingly talked with OB about it since he was in there anyway... haha. He said that the only additional surgeries they'll do at the same time are: gallbladder, tubals, hernia repair. No cosmetic stuff. Shucks cause I thought since I'm numb, maybe they could do some of my belly and put it in my boobs... humph.

Whits01 04-13-2012 05:09 AM

Haha, I've fantasized about the same thing

wordmama 04-13-2012 05:15 AM

I don't think I'd chance it. OBs are specialized in female reproductive issues, not cosmetic surgery. Each is an art unto itself. I also wouldn't trust a plastic surgeon to deliver my baby for the same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

babygirls2 04-13-2012 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies
I half-jokingly talked with OB about it since he was in there anyway... haha. He said that the only additional surgeries they'll do at the same time are: gallbladder, tubals, hernia repair. No cosmetic stuff. Shucks cause I thought since I'm numb, maybe they could do some of my belly and put it in my boobs... humph.

Lol!! Exactly!

babygirls2 04-13-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenncatsmeow
My best friend did it that way.

How was her recovery? Did she look better? My cuz inlaw had her stomach muscles corsetted after her last csection and she looked great! She had no need for a tummy tuck. Hers was covered by ins.

babygirls2 04-13-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whits01
Haha, I've fantasized about the same thing

I have a loose skin hangover from 3 baby bellies. I hate it! I have an ugly scar too. My first one you could barely see the scar. The second one was crooked. My third over is dipped in and puckers at both ends. A tummy tuck could only look better because I don't think it could look worse.

babygirls2 04-13-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenajean1
I doubt it would be covered by insuranced it is cosmetic. I think you also risk that if you combine it that they may not pay anything towards the c ssection.

I heard that if there's a medical reason to have it, it might be covered. Like for example; constant yeast infections on the skin between the folds, excessive scar tissue.