Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Is this normal after a miscarriage? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380852)

brookglen 04-15-2012 05:27 PM

Is this normal after a miscarriage?

I don't know where else to post this, so I hope this okay.

I had my first MC last Saturday (about 8 days). I went in last week and they did an ultrasound to make sure it was complete. It was. As of 7 days ago my hcg levels were dropping steadily.

My question; from the moment I found out about this pregnancy I started experiencing a lot of lower back pain and joint pain in my shoulders. I assumed it was the relaxin kicking in. After the MC it has not gone away and I am still very much in pain for much of the day. Am I still producing hormones related to pregnancy other than HGC? My skin has also gone absolutely insane. I just want to put this behind me, but I still feel like I'm a wreck.

Monmed 04-15-2012 06:17 PM

Re: Is this normal after a miscarriage?

Im very sorry for your loss. I've had 2 MCs myself and know that they are really hard. Physically and emotionally. Though I never had back/shoulder pain I would assume that if it is pregnancy-related it should gradually get better. If it doesn't feel better in another few days to a week or if it gets worse I'd suggest talking to your doctor to see if maybe it's unrelated to the pregnancy. HTH.

gagenivy 04-15-2012 06:42 PM

So sorry to her of your loss. I know how painful it is:(
Is it possible you have a vit deficiency? B and D are the culprits for me.

keen1981 04-15-2012 06:47 PM

I didn't have that with my loss.. But it took 45 days for the hcg to level below 5.... So maybe it's still hormone?

yellowitchgrl 04-16-2012 05:25 AM

I did not experience that- I'd maybe call and ask about it

Almacham 04-16-2012 11:58 AM

I agree - I'd call and ask about it. It may be completely unrelated to your loss. :hugs:

this_mel_rocks 04-16-2012 12:03 PM

:hugs: I just googled shoulder pain and miscarriage as I thought I remembered it could indicate an ectopic but it popped up as a common warning sign of miscarriage and seems to be normal. I'm sorry for your loss.

brookglen 04-16-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this_mel_rocks (Post 14956548)
:hugs: I just googled shoulder pain and miscarriage as I thought I remembered it could indicate an ectopic but it popped up as a common warning sign of miscarriage and seems to be normal. I'm sorry for your loss.

Woah, I just googled it as well. It's says it's one of the first warning signs of a miscarriage. I almost glad I didn't know that ahead of time.

Today feels a bit better. I guess I'm just recovering from this thing. I really wanted to write it off as being just like a late period or something since I was so early into pregnancy, you know, kind of bury it so it wasn't such a big thing. Obviously it is a big deal, its just hard to come to terms with.

mommycass 05-10-2012 05:58 AM

I just had a miscarriage a little over a week ago. I had a lot of pain in my thighs, lower abdomen and lower back before, during and after. I thought I could possibly have an ectopic because the pain would get pretty bad. I had an ultrasound and it was not an ectopic. So I waited to m/c naturally. I still have some pain in my thighs off and on but its going away. I'm sorry for your loss, I completely understand what your going through. Hugs your way:)

twinpossible 05-11-2012 09:14 PM

I miscarried on Tuesday (I was 11 weeks) I still have lower back, thigh and lower tummy pain. My midwife said it was normal, I am still randomly getting cramps and some bleeding as well. Everyone responds to miscarriage differently just as how we all respond to pregnancy in different ways. For me baths help and a few days I have taken TWO a day to help my body relax. I still feel like I ran a marathon. As with the whole experience take care of yourself, don't be "the hero", stay in contact with your doc or midwife and if it gets uncomfortable consider a pain reliever. Sorry for your loss mama, my heart is broken too.