Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vaccine links (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381672)

gaia06 04-17-2012 12:09 PM

Vaccine links

The vaccine links seem to be pretty outdated above (not to mention a lot of them lack credibility anyway)...I'd like to propose some updating is done...and I'd also like to propose that you don't have to dig to find the Pro-vaccine links!

Vaccine Information Links

Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Vaccines And Immunizations
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Vaccines And Immunizations: Misconceptions
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Ingredients Of Vaccines
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Vaccine Safety Concerns
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Thimerosal In Vaccines Timeline
Centers For Disease Control And Prevention: Morbidity And Mortality Weekly Report

PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL RESOURCES:

American Academy Of Pediatrics: Immunization

American Academy Of Pediatrics: Vaccine Studies: Examine The Evidence

New England Journal Of Medicine: November 7, 2002: Population-Based Study Of MMR Vaccination And Autism

New England Journal Of Medicine: May 7, 2009: Vaccine Refusal, Mandatory Immunization,
And The Risks of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases

General Medical Council: January 28, 2010: Fitness To Practise Panel Hearing Concerning Andrew Wakefield

The Lancet: February 2, 2010: Retraction Of Andrew Wakefield’s 1998 Paper Linking Vaccines And Autism

General Medical Council: May 24, 2010: The Determinations On Serious Professional Misconduct And Sanction In The Cases Of Dr Wakefield, Professor Walker-Smith And Professor Murch.

The American Journal of Gastroenterology: June 2010: Retraction: Enterocolitis In Children With Developmental Disorders

British Medical Journal: January 5, 2011: Wakefield’s Article Linking MMR Vaccine And Autism Was Fraudulent

British Medical Journal: January 5, 2011: Secrets Of The MMR Scare Part 1: How The Case Against The MMR Vaccine Was Fixed

British Medical Journal: January 11, 2011: Secrets Of The MMR Scare Part 2: How The Vaccine Crisis Was Meant To Make Money

British Medical Journal: January 18, 2011: Secrets Of The MMR Scare Part 3: The Lancet’s Two Days To Bury Bad News

Deutsches Ärzteblatt International: February 18, 2011: Vaccination Status And Health In Children And Adolescents

British Medical Journal: November 9, 2011: More Secrets Of The MMR Scare: Pathology Reports Solve “New Bowel Disease” Riddle

PLoS ONE: February 15, 2012: A Comparison of Urinary Mercury between Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Control Children

LEGAL DECISIONS:

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: Autism Decisions And Background Information

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: February 12, 2009: Snyder v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 01-162V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: February 12, 2009: Hazlehurst v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 03-654V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: February 12, 2009: Ruling on Petitioners’ Motion to Strike Certain Evidence from Dr. Stephen A. Bustin

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: February 12, 2009: Cedillo v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 98-916V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: July 24, 2009: Hazlehurst v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 03-654V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: August 6, 2009: Cedillo v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 98-916V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: August 11, 2009: Snyder v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 01-162V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: March 12, 2010: Dwyer v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 03-1202V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: March 12, 2010: King v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 03-584V

U.S. Court Of Federal Claims: March 12, 2010: Mead v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Case No. 03-215V

U.S. Court Of Appeals For The Federal Circuit: August 27, 2010: Cedillo v. Secretary of Health and Human Services Appeal No. 2010-5004

ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS:

317 Coalition
Association For Science In Autism Treatment
Autism Science Foundation
Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition
Dana Elizabeth McCaffery
Every Child By Two
Families Fighting Flu
Hug Me! I’m Vaccinated!
Immunization Action Coalition
Immunization Action Coalition: Vaccine Information For The Public And Health Professionals
Immunize For Good
Shot @ Life
Shot By Shot: Stories Of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
Sounds Of Pertussis
Vaccination.org.au
Vaccinate Your Baby
Vaccine Education Center
Vaccines For Teens
Voices Of Meningitis
Why I Choose

BLOGS/PODCASTS:

A Boy With Asperger’s
Autism News Beat
Autismum
Bad Astronomy
Countering...
Harpocrates Speaks
Just The Vax
The Millenium Project
Moms Who Vax
NeuroLogica
QuackCast
Respectful Insolence
Rethinking Autism
Science-Based Medicine
Science-Based Medicine: Vaccines and Autism
Shot Of Prevention
Stop Jenny McCarthy
Vaccinate Your Children
Vaccine Central
Virology Blog

INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES:

AntiAntiVax
History Of Vaccines
Quackwatch
What’s The Harm?
Wrightslaw
Vaccine Times

NEWS ARTICLES:

Brian Deer: The MMR & Autism Investigation
December 10, 2007: £500,000 For Boy Left Fighting For Life After Being Used As MMR Guinea Pig
October 13, 2010: NCQA Report: Autism Fears Suspected As Children's Vaccinations Decrease In Private Plans
Washington has whooping cough epidemic (April 4, 2012)

NON-FICTION BOOKS ABOUT VACCINES:

Arthur Allen: Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver
Seth Mnookin: The Panic Virus: A True Story of Medicine, Science, and Fear
Paul A. Offit M.D.: The Cutter Incident: How America's First Polio Vaccine Led to the Growing Vaccine Crisis
Paul A. Offit M.D.: Vaccinated: One Man's Quest to Defeat the World's Deadliest Diseases
Paul A. Offit M.D.: Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure
Paul A. Offit M.D.: Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All
Paul A. Offit M.D.: Vaccines and Your Child: Separating Fact from Fiction
Michael Willrich: Pox: An American History

links (with permission) directly from: http://www.jennymccarthybodycount.co...ount/Home.html

Links from the old post that seem to be current still:

National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance
Comparison of Effects of Diseases and Vaccines
Fetal Tissue and the Production of Vaccines
Addressing Parents’ Concerns: Do Multiple Vaccines Overwhelm or Weaken the Infant’s Immune System?

JadeScarlet 04-17-2012 07:55 PM

Re: Vaccine links

Thanks for posting these!

gaia06 04-18-2012 07:45 AM

Please feel free to add links here so we can get a new sticky! I'll work on going through the old post to post links that still seem to be current...

kushie tushie 04-18-2012 07:54 AM

Seems like all your links are pro vax.

Amanda :). Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

gaia06 04-18-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie (Post 14965741)
Seems like all your links are pro vax.

yes it does :) Feel free to post the other side if you have other views!

kushie tushie 04-18-2012 08:38 AM

I'm just saying it's a little biased and one sided. You want to add to a sticky that has info on both sides but your only showing one side.

I'm on my phone so I can link and my laptop is down so I cant get any of my saved info.

gaia06 04-18-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kushie tushie (Post 14965930)
I'm just saying it's a little biased and one sided. You want to add to a sticky that has info on both sides but your only showing one side.

I'm on my phone so I can link and my laptop is down so I cant get any of my saved info.

I want to update the sticky with current sources of information and obviously I have a viewpoint (don't we all?) so for those who have the other viewpoint I'm leaving it up to them to present their own links. I will go through the old post to dig out up to date links, but not today.

jessicalev8 04-18-2012 09:51 AM

Im all for posting links to both sides but the very last person anyone should get info from is paul offit.

gaia06 04-18-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicalev8 (Post 14966349)
Im all for posting links to both sides but the very last person anyone should get info from is paul offit.

ok? that is your opinion...who SHOULD people be getting info from? feel free to post links!

Celeste 04-18-2012 12:35 PM

Don't know if you have this one yet, but this one has the amounts of thimerasol & mercury in vaccines, by Johns Hopkins.

http://vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm

Why should we not get info from Paul Offit? I'd say he's pretty darned qualified to give information. Who would you suggest is more qualified?