Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why can't she reply to a thread?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381730)

5lilmnkys 04-17-2012 01:08 PM

Why can't she reply to a thread??

A friend just joined diaper swappers today, went to reply to a thread but it won't let her. Any ideas what the problem could be?

4littlenorskes 04-17-2012 01:24 PM

Re: Why can't she reply to a thread??

If she is trying to private message then she needs 6 posts in order to be able to do so. She could post in Diaper Q&A, Fluffy, Craft Show & Tell, Kitchen, Off Topic, etc. ..you get the idea! :thumbsup:

FSOT posts do not count.

5lilmnkys 04-17-2012 01:31 PM

Nope, she's not trying to pm, just reply to a thread. This is what she gets:

"There's like a little box on the left side. it says "posting rules" and in the box it says. "You may not post new threads" "you may not post replies" "you may not post attachments" and "you many not edit your posts" and then if I click the "post reply".it says "do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons 1. User account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administratuve features or some other privileged system? 2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Does it take time for an account to be activated?

4littlenorskes 04-17-2012 01:35 PM

Hmm...I don't remember but I don't think so. Maybe have her log out and in and see if it makes a difference...if you haven't already. I'm sure a mod. or someone who knows better than me will jump in...

percussionsmith 04-17-2012 01:44 PM

I don't know, but you may want to change your signature...I think its too long for DS rules.

Mac & Cheeses mom 04-17-2012 02:00 PM

She might not actually be logged in. If she can get to her account then she is logged in. I have found for what ever reason if I use the login button it will not let me, but if I log in from a forum then it will actually log me in.

Ashleyherman 04-17-2012 02:28 PM

I would say sign out and then sign back in ?

Mrs_B2009 04-17-2012 02:30 PM

I had this issue when I joined and I think that logging out and then back in was helpful. Either that or I hadn't checked my email for the confirmation?

huntmother2 04-18-2012 02:53 PM

hey everyone, it was me that couldn't reply to a thread. I registered as a user and can not reply :) thanks though!

~happy2Bamommy~ 04-19-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percussionsmith (Post 14962477)
I don't know, but you may want to change your signature...I think its too long for DS rules.

It is too long. Sorry OP! Need to cut back to 4 lines :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntmother2 (Post 14968354)
hey everyone, it was me that couldn't reply to a thread. I registered as a user and can not reply :) thanks though!

So all is fine now?