Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   who has a radian?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381812)

Earthy Momma 04-17-2012 03:39 PM

who has a radian??

do you like them? why?
do u not like tham, why?
issues?

they seem to be great, rear face for a long time, steel frame... imgetting sold on these :drif:, but i want ur opinions on them ;) thanks mama:hugs:s!!!

wlillie 04-17-2012 03:41 PM

Re: who has a radian??

Love mine. Kid looks really comfortable, easy install (for us), frame isn't plastic, needed it for erf heavy kid.

slimy72 04-17-2012 03:45 PM

We have two radians and a frontier (three cars). I LOVE the frontier (my son is 4 and FF at this point). Dh LOVES the radians. We have had no problem installing them in any of our cars. We even travel with them. They are heavy but we love them. They can be tricky to install in some cars but my son is JUMBO sized (born at 11 lbs 7 oz, and 35 lbs at 18 months old) so we had no real other choices out there.

ETA: just so folks don't think I have some super fat kiddo, my son is very proportionate. He's always been in the 97% for height too. So tall and hefty. That means we need big seats.

AleahDeann 04-17-2012 03:47 PM

We LOVE ours, easy instal ( harder in smaller vehicles for rfing infants because of angle and room from front seat) I cannot say anything bad about the seat, its heavy but we dont take it in and out very often so its not a big deal. DS is very comfy in it and has never complained about being uncomfortable.

jessicalev8 04-17-2012 03:49 PM

Love ours. My only complaint is the stupid wings on the xtsl don't stay up, that gets frustrating. We also don't have any problems getting a good install.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 04-17-2012 04:03 PM

We have three 80SL and love them, the install isn't always the easiest but once it's in, they are nice and secure. My kids think they're comfortable and I love that they are narrow.

Fashionably Green Baby 04-17-2012 04:08 PM

I have 5! and 1 nautilus. Obviously I LOVE mine. We have 3 kids and 2 cars. I have 3 radians in DH's 2 door cavalier and I have 2 RF radians and then the Nautilus in my ford taurus. I love them because I get a rock solid install in both cars, I can fit them in the cavalier (barely but they fit), I REALLY like the low profile of the sides of the seat, I don't have to lift anyone up and over (a huge complaint I have with many other seats but especially the true fit). Anyways, I love everything except how the straps tighten (not one smooth motion)

jefesita 04-17-2012 04:13 PM

LOVE! WE have 2 easy to install, never had an issue with them loosening. The ratchet to tighten the harness was interesting at first then we learned it was a pull release pull release thing and now it is fine. I have an 80 and an xtsl and never had a problem with the head wings :)

Whits01 04-17-2012 04:22 PM

My only complaint for our Radian is the recline. I wish it reclined a bit more FF and didn't recline quite as much RF.

Ashlovespat 04-17-2012 04:32 PM

We have 2, and I guess I love them...they last my peanuts of children a really long time. I do really love that they have a low profile and lots of legroom. We have installed them with no issue into a 2000 suburban with a seatbelt and now our 2009 Kia van with LATCH and have never had issues of it loosening.