Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MMAO in FSOT (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381816)

3babesandadane 04-17-2012 03:52 PM

MMAO in FSOT

Is it true that when listing something in FSOT you are required to list an asking price and not just "make me an offer". I think I read somewhere that this was a rule? If it isn't, it should be!

I've found listings asking for offers without any sort of asking price is unfair, and a bit frustrating. Especially highly sought after items.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

4littlenorskes 04-17-2012 04:00 PM

Re: MMAO in FSOT

Yes, it is a rule that prices are required on ALL FSOT listings. You can report the thread by clicking on the triangle in the bottom left of the original post and a mod. will let them know.

Here's the rule:

Can I sell my FSOT item Auction style on DS?
No, we do not allow items to be sold auction style on DS. Even if it is carried out via pm. All items listed on FSOT must contain a set price. We allow Items to be listed with OBO ONLY if the best offer would be less than the original asking price.

basMama 04-17-2012 04:05 PM

Yup, it is a rule and frankly I find that very frustrating as well. Although, I think sometimes sellers are unaware of that rule, perhaps it should be posted in pain sight. I'm thinking they don't realize that when some posters (including me) post MMAO it means lower than original asking price.

3babesandadane 04-17-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes
Yes, it is a rule that prices are required on ALL FSOT listings. You can report the thread by clicking on the triangle in the bottom left of the original post and a mod. will let them know.

Here's the rule:

Can I sell my FSOT item Auction style on DS?
No, we do not allow items to be sold auction style on DS. Even if it is carried out via pm. All items listed on FSOT must contain a set price. We allow Items to be listed with OBO ONLY if the best offer would be less than the original asking price.

:banghead: THANK YOU!!!!

3babesandadane 04-17-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basMama
Yup, it is a rule and frankly I find that very frustrating as well. Although, I think sometimes sellers are unaware of that rule, perhaps it should be posted in pain sight. I'm thinking they don't realize that when some posters (including me) post MMAO it means lower than original asking price.

I agree, many people are probably unaware of the rule, maybe it could be a stickied, or added to the FSOT seller rules in plain sight. :goodvibes:

4littlenorskes 04-17-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3babesandadane (Post 14963183)
I agree, many people are probably unaware of the rule, maybe it could be a stickied, or added to the FSOT seller rules in plain sight. :goodvibes:

It's in this red sticky Info on how to buy, sell and trade on DS - it's under 'General FAQs for FSOT.

Unfortunately, most people do not read the 'red stickys' or many of rules on here...they just jump in and sell and for those that have returned from a long break they don't always familiarize themselves with any possible changes/updates since they were last here.

jackyl08 04-17-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4littlenorskes (Post 14963202)
It's in this red sticky Info on how to buy, sell and trade on DS - it's under 'General FAQs for FSOT.

Unfortunately, most people do not read the 'red stickys' or many of rules on here...they just jump in and sell and for those that have returned from a long break they don't always familiarize themselves with any possible changes/updates since they were last here.

Exactly. I don't know how much bolder and more "stickied" it can get, really. Same with the PP fee thing. It's right there in red sticky! Read it, people! :banghead:

traderbren 05-23-2012 06:27 AM

I feel like giving this a little bump...

srw.mutter 05-23-2012 07:55 AM

Yes, I don't like when there isn't a price listed. I never make an offer without a starting price first. If it is something I want, I'll PM the seller and ask what he/she wants for it. And of course, they always give me a price, but then why not put it in the listing?

4littlenorskes 05-23-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srw.mutter (Post 15138121)
Yes, I don't like when there isn't a price listed. I never make an offer without a starting price first. If it is something I want, I'll PM the seller and ask what he/she wants for it. And of course, they always give me a price, but then why not put it in the listing?

If there is no price in the listing it needs to be reported.