Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Anyone with 3 or more losses in a row and then success? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382101)

emeyer76 04-18-2012 09:43 AM

Anyone with 3 or more losses in a row and then success?

If so, what did you do?

I think AF is on her way here and it's been about a month since our last loss (2 months since we found out the news). So time to make a decision on our next steps. I most definitely want to try again, but I'm kind of frozen at this decision point right now....

My RE thinks we just have lousy luck since every test seems to come back normal :( He suggested that we look into IVF with PGS to "stack the deck" in our favor, as he says. I'm considering it, but also just thinking about trying on our own again because we can get pg on our own and DS proves that I'm able to have a healthy child.... it's just a mystery why we keep losing them :(

So, just wondering if anyone else has been in the 3-peat club and graduated. And if so, how did you get there? Just looking for some inspiration and thoughts to consider as we sort out our next steps. Thanks!

stevensmom 04-18-2012 09:48 AM

I was in the 2-peat in a row and graduated with just "practice" and progesterone. And then after dd I had another loss while on progesterone. All of our tests came back normal too

My sister had three losses. 2 early ones and then lost her son at 17 weeks. She was put on thyroid meds and baby asprin. Had her dd. And is now 13 weeks along with another.

:hugs: :pray:

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

stevensmom 04-18-2012 09:48 AM

Dp

slimy72 04-18-2012 10:45 AM

Re: Anyone with 3 or more losses in a row and then success?

I had 4 unexplained losses and then got my son. For me it took clomid (even though I do ovulate on my own sometimes, they were not mature), prometrium, and baby asprin. That combo got me my son. Sadly though, I've been trying for three years since then and have only managed to get pg one time in that three years and it was lost pretty early. We are still trying. But I was able to get my son and that keeps me going.

Tia 04-18-2012 11:26 AM

I've had 5 losses total.

3 in a row, then my daughter, then 2 more, then my youngest daughter.

We found that I needed progesterone until 20 weeks, and when I got pregnant with both I was on a gluten free/dairy free/preservative free diet. I was litterally eating fresh fruits, veggies, and meats only. Water to drink.

Any future pregnancies we will do the same.

L J 04-18-2012 12:08 PM

I didn't have three in a row, just two, but one was a full term loss (36 weeks) so I qualified for insurance to cover any testing my OB recommended.

I had the full thrombophilia panel run and two came back as positive. It was a big relief to have answers.

I would have any testing done possible. And I really recommend the Fertility Friend message boards (you have to have a paid membership) for all things loss related. There are some amazing mamas on there and it was an invaluable source of information to me.

Good luck mama. :hugs:

slimy72 04-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tia (Post 14967173)
I've had 5 losses total.

3 in a row, then my daughter, then 2 more, then my youngest daughter.

We found that I needed progesterone until 20 weeks, and when I got pregnant with both I was on a gluten free/dairy free/preservative free diet. I was litterally eating fresh fruits, veggies, and meats only. Water to drink.

Any future pregnancies we will do the same.

This is me too. I wasn't eating that strict of a diet but I was eating very healthy and keeping my weight and blood sugar under control which seems to be a key for me.

willownz 04-18-2012 05:06 PM

I had three in a row and then had my first DD. We then had another loss and then my second DD. All losses are unexplained. They refuse to acknowledge any of them but my 10 week one which was my first. The other three have all been around week 5-6 and they don't count that as being properly pregnant (I had tests to show them and all).
It was super tough for me as my first pregnancy (my son) was unplanned and was a textbook pregnancy. Then when we started to try for #2 I just kept getting pregnant and then losing them. It took me 15 months to get pregnant again and 8 months for #3. Now I am on 8 months of trying for #4 and nothing.
I didn't do anything special, just time unfortunately. They won't even run hormone tests on me "since we obviously can have children" and I have been told by a doctor (who delivered babies and has seen many many pregnant women in his career) that I shouldn't bother testing until I have missed 2 cycles. He says it will stop me from being so anxious.

Ten 04-18-2012 09:05 PM

There were no answers for me... just losses (first after 32 weeks, the others before six) and then a long stretch of nothing... and then DD2. Green tea from AF -> O and a Diva cup finally helped me get pregnant with her, and I was on pins and needles until she was out.

For me I just kept trying and hoping, but for women who have an issue that can be diagnosed (i.e. a blood clotting disorder - I tested for that and came up negative) that will NEVER be enough, and it's important to have that answer so you can get the meds you need.

Good luck. :bighug:

emeyer76 04-19-2012 01:37 PM

Thanks mamas. I've had all the tests run that could be run.. all but genetic karyotyping, and all are normal. I SOOOOOOO wish I had a firm answer, but we're just left wondering because there's nothing obviously wrong :( Sorry, I should have put that in my original post... whoops!

Our big dilemma is that they suspect it's just bad luck with genetics, and unfortunately with our age (me 35, DH 40) and our repeat pregnancy loss history, our chances of another m/c or a special needs baby are higher. DH is terrified of both and has basically said that this is our last chance. I just feel so.... unsure... about going though all the craziness of IVF if there's a chance of conceiving naturally and having a healthy baby. Although I'm not sure what I could change, but I have started working out again and eating better, so maybe that would help - it certainly can't hurt!

Thanks for the thoughts.... gives me some good things to think about.... I just need to make a decision and go for it!