Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When did you introduce a pillow? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382148)

lauren_brooke 04-18-2012 11:43 AM

When did you introduce a pillow?

DS is 18 months, and has a small travel pillow (that my mom made) and he loves it. It's in his crib, and sometimes I'll find he moves around to put his head on it. It's a small rectangle, not big enough to actually use as a pillow. When he's in our bed, he'll sometimes put his head on the pillow to sleep. So...when do I get him his own pillow? And what kind is best for a toddler?

my2sweets 04-18-2012 11:46 AM

Re: When did you introduce a pillow?

DD1 stole a small throw pillow-maybe 10"x10"-at 14mos and refused to give it back lol I found dd2 using her blankie as a pillow at 10/11mos so I got her a travel pillow. They got full size pillows at about 22-24mos.

Fashionably Green Baby 04-18-2012 11:51 AM

Whenever they move to a toddler bed (or big bed). For DD that was at like 14 months and with DS it was at 2 1/2. They don't really seem to care about a pillow so I don't worry about one until they switch beds.

lauren_brooke 04-18-2012 12:18 PM

Thanks! We're thinking of turning his crib to a toddler bed this weekend so maybe we'll get a small pillow.

babylove921 04-18-2012 12:55 PM

We got a tiny couch pillow for Asher last weekend. He loves it. Helps when he was congested.

lauren_brooke 04-18-2012 12:59 PM

What kind of pillows do you use? Anything special? I know there are toddler pillows...can you buy those anywhere?

Holly dolly 04-18-2012 01:17 PM

We used an older...very flat pillow around 13 mos. He was wadding his blanket up to use as a pillow...so I figured a pillow was safer. :)

sisu 04-18-2012 02:06 PM

DS has had a small pillow - it's actually a travel pillow - since he was about 16 months. I bought it for him because he kept asking to take our pillows to bed with him. He's used it every night since. :giggle:

Junipervt 04-18-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holly dolly (Post 14967798)
We used an older...very flat pillow around 13 mos. He was wadding his blanket up to use as a pillow...so I figured a pillow was safer. :)

we did this too. he was a bit congested & I wanted to elevate his head a little. he's in a crib side-carred onto the side of our bed. it was one of my pillows & I just moved it over

Solomon's Mama 04-18-2012 04:14 PM

We didn't offer one until DS switched to his toddler bed, which was early (around 15 months) because we wanted him in it before DD was born. DD is 15 months now but I'll wait until she is in a toddler bed. She likes tummy sleeping anyway.