Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Plans for the next one (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382294)

lecialefty 04-18-2012 03:31 PM

Plans for the next one

Yeah I know I'm crazy, my baby is only 4 weeks old tomorrow (wow!) and I'm thinking about the next one. Dh and I have decided to not prevent at this point in our lives so idk when #3 will come along and we do hope to have more. I didn't get pregnant again until dd1 had been weened for 2ish months so I'm curious to see how it goes this time.

So are you guys planning on more?

CountryChicMama 04-18-2012 03:38 PM

Re: Plans for the next one

Oh, THAT question. ;) :giggle: Well, yes, I would like ONE more and would prefer a fourth boy. DH isn't so sure. I honestly think if the transition from 2-3 was really difficult/rough, I'd hear about it more from DH, i.e "We are SOOO done", etc. But b/c it's been pretty nice and he's been coming home to a pretty well-rested wife and kids, he's more in the "I don't know yet" camp, with the occasional joke about making himself a Drs appt. ;)

lecialefty 04-18-2012 03:49 PM

Well somebody had to ask. :giggle:

songbird516 04-19-2012 08:22 AM

My husband's plan is to get snipped, or so he keeps threatening. I would like to have another, but not for 3 years or so. I think that we'd have to be a lot more stable financially before my husband would even consider it. I'll have to be super careful, because I'm not willing to do hormonal BC and I'm a FAM failure twice over now!

crunch!910 04-19-2012 08:41 AM

I had planned on getting tubes tied and never having any more, especially if I had a csection. I coudln't get my tubes tied at time of csection... and I'm honestly shocked but I wouldn't be upset with a third child, but not any time soon! I'dwant DS2 to be 3 years old before we thought of another.

KaylaJayne 04-19-2012 09:54 AM

If DH has his way, he's getting snipped and we are not having anymore. Since I'd have a 50/50 chance of having another boy I am leaning toward being done... I'd love to be a mommy of a girl but I don't think I could be a mommy of 3 boys :hide: At this point, we are done... no more babies for us

Proverbs169 04-19-2012 10:29 AM

We are done. DH will be going for the Big V within the next month or two.

Honestly... five kids is a LOT. I know, I hear the moms of 6, 8 or 12 laughing at me, but for me right now it's a LOT of work. I don't do well in the first couple weeks post partum, and while my pregnancies aren't terrible, they are getting harder and harder on me. I LOVE my kids, but I just don't think I want any more by birth. If we decide our family isn't complete we will go the adoption route.

I am a little sad to be closing that chapter of our lives, I'll admit. But I'm also kind of relieved.

songbird516 04-19-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proverbs169 (Post 14972175)
We are done. DH will be going for the Big V within the next month or two.

Honestly... five kids is a LOT. I know, I hear the moms of 6, 8 or 12 laughing at me, but for me right now it's a LOT of work. I don't do well in the first couple weeks post partum, and while my pregnancies aren't terrible, they are getting harder and harder on me. I LOVE my kids, but I just don't think I want any more by birth. If we decide our family isn't complete we will go the adoption route.

I am a little sad to be closing that chapter of our lives, I'll admit. But I'm also kind of relieved.

LOL! 5 sounds like a LOT to me! No arguments here...

MoccaMom 04-19-2012 02:33 PM

It feels like forever since I've been on here...Newborns can be TOUGH!

Anyway, I would love to have another right away. I am a FTM, and I thoroughly enjoyed my pregnancy, and the birthing process was pretty easy as well. I am open, but DH wants us to wait until we are more stable financially. While I think he's probably right, there is a part of me that wants to throw caution to the wind and have another baby ASAP.

I am praying that our finances recover from this depression...I mean Great Recession... so that we can get back on track and keep moving forward with growing our family.

umphreysmommy 04-19-2012 06:18 PM

Well I got my VBAC at home and this baby has been so easy so we are planning a few more :). It will still be a little while though, this spacing was good 27 months. I also think I will get AF back a little sooner though because DD2 is such a good sleeper so the next one might come a little sooner. I would love 4 kids but DH would like 5 or 6, we will see how things go.