Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   mamas with britax, or other brands... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382299)

Earthy Momma 04-18-2012 03:44 PM

mamas with britax, or other brands...

how tall are you ds's or dd's, and about how much more room to grow do they have? weight and height i guess...

i was reading on some google sight, a mama compared the heights of a britax and air, and a radian, and the radian was only 1/2 inch taller than the other 2 brands...

an_aurora 04-18-2012 04:07 PM

Re: mamas with britax, or other brands...

I just measured my Complete Air and Radian. The CA is 25.5" and the Radian is 25". The Complete Air can be used RF with the headrest extended though, which gives much more room. The new Britaxes are 24" and the old ones are 25". Although the old Britaxes and the Radian have the same measurement, there is some voodoo magic that happens, as the Radians last much longer RF.

Earthy Momma 04-18-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by an_aurora (Post 14968767)
I just measured my Complete Air and Radian. The CA is 25.5" and the Radian is 25". The Complete Air can be used RF with the headrest extended though, which gives much more room. The new Britaxes are 24" and the old ones are 25". Although the old Britaxes and the Radian have the same measurement, there is some voodoo magic that happens, as the Radians last much longer RF.

lol i want to know what is this vooodooo magic that u speak of...:giggle2:

i guess since the height is shorter than the CA it must be the 5 extra pounds...

Earthy Momma 04-18-2012 04:35 PM

im kinda liking the graco myride 65...ive been googling a lot of pix to see how kids fit in the seat its hard to tell with just the seat on their sites....it looks like the kids sit deep in there, like the sides are high, along with the head, even though it doesnt really have the head cusions like the CA, it looks like theres a lot of protection there.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 04-18-2012 04:51 PM

Some pics for you. DD is 2.5 in these or somewhere around there. It has some good leg room too which is something the Britax seats lack. It's a good choice if you like it :)
Attachment 101880

Attachment 101881

Earthy Momma 04-18-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl (Post 14968948)
Some pics for you. DD is 2.5 in these or somewhere around there. It has some good leg room too which is something the Britax seats lack. It's a good choice if you like it :)
Attachment 101880

Attachment 101881

thanks mama! :hugs:those are so helpful! the graco myrides look like theres a lot of coverage...and tall. the radian looks good too but i like how tall the sides are on the graco... how do u like them?

Dory 04-18-2012 04:59 PM

Hopefully if my husband will play nice, I'll take my oldest out to play musical seats.

TalkinBoutMyGirl 04-18-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthy Momma

thanks mama! :hugs:those are so helpful! the graco myrides look like theres a lot of coverage...and tall. the radian looks good too but i like how tall the sides are on the graco... how do u like them?

I don't like the high sides. I much prefer the Radian but it's just personal preference. Here is the Marathon for comparison. You can see how much more legroom the MyRide has.

Attachment 101883

Earthy Momma 04-18-2012 05:14 PM

oh, wow! the my ride has way more leg room...
thank you sooooo much! i really appreciate the photos!!! they are so helpful!

*radian is still VERY APPEALING due to the fact that you can use it for 5 xtra pounds...and you can use it for so long...

how difficult do u think the instalation actually is?
i should watch some youtubes on it i guess...

TalkinBoutMyGirl 04-18-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthy Momma
oh, wow! the my ride has way more leg room...
thank you sooooo much! i really appreciate the photos!!! they are so helpful!

*radian is still VERY APPEALING due to the fact that you can use it for 5 xtra pounds...and you can use it for so long...

how difficult do u think the instalation actually is?
i should watch some youtubes on it i guess...

Depends on the car it's going in. And even if it's difficult at first once you learn how it fits it's not so hard. Definitely not a seat you wanna move around much. It's heavy also. What kind of car do you have? Make model and year.