Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Updated 11/6- Our 29 week miracle! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382540)

angelalynn 04-19-2012 08:58 AM

Updated 11/6- Our 29 week miracle!

2 Attachment(s)
Update, 11/6
Hi everyone, just wanted to give a little update. Lexi is thriving, we took her to the doctors today and she was 13 pounds 10 oz! She got 4 shots, so wasn't very happy about that.
One worry we have, everyone told us she needed the RSV vaccine, but insurance won't cover it. So we're keeping her shut away from basically everyone, just praying she doesn't get it, because it could be devastating. So if you have a moment, maybe say a prayer that she won't catch this nasty virus.
Attachment 123957
Here she is, all chubby and smiley. You'd never guess she started out like this!
Attachment 123958
Update, 8/3
Just wanted to let everyone know we had a very happy ending! Alessandra came home on July 4 and has been doing amazingly ever since. She was last weighed on July 27th and tipped the scales at 7 lbs 5 oz!! She had hernia surgery that day, and everything went great. Shes just a happy healthy little baby now! Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers, I can't express how much it meant to us!

Update, 6/23
Sorry I haven't been keeping you all up-to-date. I really appreciate all the prayers and well-wishes! Its been a long road, and we're not done yet, but Lexi is doing well. Shes had problems with passing things, so we've had weeks of going back and forth on her feeds by NG tube. But she is finally up to full feeds as of yesterday! They even took out her PICC line! She also no longer has to wear her pulse ox, because she never desats anymore, so thats 2 less wires.

Tomorrow, she gets to try to go to breast for the first time, so we're hoping that goes well. She will be 2 months old tomorrow, and is just a few grams under 5 pounds!!

Update, 5/10
Today Alessandra was having to work a little too hard at breathing, and had periods of apnea which caused drops in heartrate. They put her on vapotherm, and shes been doing well since.

Tomorrow she will have a contrast scan of her abdomen to check for any intestinal scarring caused by the NEC. If thats clear, they'll be restarting her feeds!

Also, she was up to 2 lbs 8 oz today! Yay!
Update, 5/5

Alessandra is doing so much better! She came back off the ventilator today and is breathing great on her own. Her belly is not distended anymore, and she was able to have several IV lines taken out today as well.

More good news, a brain scan showed no bleeds! (Brain bleeds are common in tiny preemies). And she now tips the scales at just under 2 lbs 3 oz!!

We're very happy, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Keep 'em coming for our little fighter!

Update, 5/2

Lexi is a little more stable today. She had a bowel movement with no blood, so that is a very promising sign. Her abdomen is also less distended. She seems to have a little more energy and isn't as listless as yesterday.

Surgery is still a posibility, but its starting to look more likely she'll heal up on her own. Please keep praying for our little fighter!

Update, 5/1

Our little girl has taken a major turn for the worse today. Alessandra is stable right now, but its all moment by moment. She definitely has NEC, which is a pretty nasty infection of the bowels which preemies can get. We're praying the antibiotics can take care of it, because surgery outcomes are not the best on one so tiny.

Shes back on the ventilator, and has a bunch more lines in her now than before. She won't be getting any feeds for a while, to let her stomach and intestines rest and recover.

Please pray for her to have the strength to fight this nasty illness.

Update, 4/30
Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.
Alessandra is doing pretty well, shes down some from her birthweight but they said thats normal for the first week. Shes now 1 lb 13.5 oz.
Shes taking 6 ml of breastmilk in her ng tube every 3 hours.
Breathing 100% on her own now too!
And she is cute as a button!

Please keep up the prayers and positive vibes, we can never have enough!

Update, 4/25
Our little girl was delivered early am yesterday at 29 weeks 1 day. She was 14 inches long and 1 lb 15 3/4 oz. She's a little fighter though, and is doing well. She was on the ventilator for less than a day, and has been now breathing well wearing her oxygen. She's still got a long road, so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers in the weeks to come!

Oh yes, and her name is Alessandra Rae

4/19, Original Post

So I went in for an ultrasound yesterday, and the blood flow through the umbilical cord didn't look good. She also dropped from the 40th percentile last month to the 11th percentile this month.

They admitted me to the hospital and are monitoring us, but there is a chance I'll have to deliver if things don't look better...

:~

Prayers are appreciated, we're scared

JellEBeanDesigns 04-19-2012 09:19 AM

Prayers mama, have they started steroid shots?

karaintx 04-19-2012 09:41 AM

Prayers mama.

angelalynn 04-19-2012 09:48 AM

Re: 28 weeks, may have to deliver

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellEBeanDesigns (Post 14971553)
Prayers mama, have they started steroid shots?

Yes, got one yesterday, will get another today.

Baby is less than 2lbs...it's scary...

DillyDay 04-19-2012 10:37 AM

in my thoughts!

sojomisa 04-19-2012 10:42 AM

Many prayers coming your way!! :hugs:

Rdesonia 04-19-2012 10:53 AM

Keep those legs up! Hopefully monitored bedrest will help. I was off and on bed rest at home with my dd for placenta previa. We even made it through bouts of pre term labor. I ended up having her at 39 weeks and vaginally! (She was over 5 lbs! I was blessed!) You can be strong! Try to hold out as long as you can-Everyday is going to improve the chances she will have a better outcome. Bedrest is very mentally hard but just know that even though you may feel like you are doing nothing... You are doing the best thing possible for your little girl. Just try to think positive thoughts as I'm sure lots of people are sending their prayers you and your baby's way!

littlehands 04-19-2012 11:02 AM

Best wishes!

pharmmama 04-19-2012 01:31 PM

Hugs for you and your daughter. Think calming thoughts, and remember that although nothing is guaranteed, they can do amazing things for early babies these days and if you do deliver, her chances are still excellent.

angelalynn 04-19-2012 03:28 PM

Thank you all SO much, it helps to have support and reassurance.

Looks like I'm gonna be in the hospital until I deliver, because they want to keep her monitored. Emotionally, this is and is going to be rough!