Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   What does everyone have left on their "to do" list before baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1382632)

Lisa799 04-19-2012 11:25 AM

What does everyone have left on their "to do" list before baby?

I'm starting to feel the pressure ladies!! It seemed like the first 28-29 weeks flew by but at the same time, I felt like I had so long left to go that I wasn't in a rush about getting things done (other than stocking my stash - of course :blush: - and decorating the nursery!). Now, I'm 35.5 weeks and it's dawning on me that I need to get some things wrapped up!

So far, here's what I've got:
  • Finish packing hospital bag - I have no idea what clothes/etc to take...right now there is an exercise ball and some wipes in there! LOL
  • Sew curtains for nursery
  • Finish making crib skirt
  • Finish decorating nursery
  • Buy breastfeeding supplies (a friend is loaning me her pump but I need pads, new tubes, storage, etc)

Anyone else?

babylove921 04-19-2012 11:34 AM

I need to pack my bag.
Finish the nursery-crib/changing table in the middle of being put together.
I need to get my Moby wrap and some cotton swaddlers.

kathygriffin86 04-19-2012 11:38 AM

Re: What does everyone have left on their "to do" list before baby?

I need to:
finish my part of the hospital bag, just clothes that im wearing now go in.
sew the fabric i have for a moby wrap.
finish up the centerpieces and order the cake topper for my daughters 2nd birthday that i am having may 5th...37.5 weeks pg.
finish outlining the strawberry and blueberry patch in the garden
Hang the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs.
find some sheets for the co sleeper, and a couple more boy colors for the pack n play

CutiePatootiesMama 04-19-2012 11:57 AM

Oh my goodness, I have EVERYTHING left to do! I'm 34 weeks today

Wash her clothes
Get car seat, carriers, bouncer and swing cleaned and ready (and car seat installed in car)
Buy and set up a bassinet
Buy everything I need for the birth center and pack it
Make directions to the birth center as well as compile phone numbers and instructions for everyone on our "on call" list for dd
finish reading my birthing books
Wash blankets
Clean out some of dd's toys and clothes to make room for baby
Have the baby shower! (Of course I just have to show up, but it's not until May 5 so then I'll have to organize everything from that and send out thank you cards)
Prepare some meals for the first days home
Clean the house
Am I missing anything?!
I am so overwhelmed!

tasundance 04-19-2012 12:01 PM

Give birth! :thumbsup:

booth2490 04-19-2012 01:36 PM

I was just in my car looking for a dropped item and realized how gross it is inside! It really needs vacuumed out, but that's going to be tough with a big belly. If I ask DH to do it, he'll tell me I shouldn't eat/allow DD to eat so much in the car. It's mostly food crumbs.

Maybe rewash diapers? IDK yet. They are clean and have been stored for about 2 years in a storage bin in the bathroom.

Pack my bag. I got the suitcase out last night and put my list on top.

finish sewing going home outfit. It's mostly done except for the snaps, I need some twill tape to reinforce the plastic snaps I'm putting on with pliers. And find a shirt/onesie for him to wear under the overalls. I really would like a polo shirt, something w/ a collar.

sew nursing pads.

make time to listen to my relaxation scripts

Lisa799 04-19-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babylove921 (Post 14972525)
I need to get my Moby wrap and some cotton swaddlers.

These are both good ones that I forgot about!! I still need a nb carrier/wrap and I have one Swaddle wrap/4 AA blankets but I'd still like to get a woombie and a few sleep sacks.

CutiePatootiesMama 04-19-2012 01:54 PM

I've been reminded of 2 more things since I posted- clean out the car and put together the dresser.
I guess I should probably stop sitting here at the computer...lol.

tygr2410 04-19-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tasundance (Post 14972667)
Give birth! :thumbsup:

that's pretty much all i need to do also...but i do need DH here first.

I would prefer to have the car seat down and cleaned from the atic (it's been double bagged but the cover prob needs cleaned, i know not to wash the straps:thumbsup:)...but i do have a seat down and clean we could use if she came today.

Preferably prep the lil joeys i have, but i have plenty of sposies too, so even that is a non issue b/c i wont' use them for a few days till the tar poo phase has passed lol!- ETA doing it now

I feel like i need to review my bag, like it's missing stuff..but i'm having a birth center birth instead of a hossie like the last 3 times so there is less stuff b/c i won't be there for very long

dreamingkristin 04-19-2012 02:55 PM

Have a baby here too! Just ready to be done with this stage and move on to the next. Got everything done that needs to be done for now.