Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Be honest...are you a diaper Capitalist? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1383873)

Leiiki 04-22-2012 02:06 PM

Be honest...are you a diaper Capitalist?

If you got a *screaming* deal on a HTF diaper, would you resell it for a profit? What if it was a gift (or free to you somehow)? Would it matter how much profit? If not, do you judge others who do resell for profit?

kaimon 04-22-2012 02:13 PM

Re: Be honest...are you a diaper Capitalist?

If it was a diaper that somehow came to me, that I couldn't or wouldn't use, then yes I would sell if for what I could get for it.

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy something cheap and sell it for more though.

Beesgirl 04-22-2012 02:14 PM

I don't care what people do with what they own, if they can sell something and make a profit more power to them! I don't see why diapers are different from any other product we could make money on.

gem898 04-22-2012 02:21 PM

I sell things according to market value.

tootsy_toes 04-22-2012 02:24 PM

If I came across anything at well below market value, and knew I could sell it for a profit, yes I would absolutely do so! Diapers included. I have no problem with others doing this either.

justineybean 04-22-2012 02:28 PM

I would be bummed out if someone got something from me for free and then sold it for profit. I would not do that. Generally if someone was generous enough to give me something i try to pass on the good will to someone else. Also, I just don't have enough time to buy things cheap and then sell them.

cdwelton 04-22-2012 02:28 PM

I've gotten a free diaper with an order before that I sold because I wouldn't use it.

magoose 04-22-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megm (Post 14985924)
I sell things according to market value.

This. As for getting something for free and then to sell it later...depends what it is and why it was given to me. IMO though, once a product is yours, it's up to you what you do with it.

kannondicarpo 04-22-2012 02:40 PM

I am an opportunist by nature but for some reason diapers don't make my radar. Maybe because I only use BGOS and pfs and have since I started CDing in 2007. On the other hand, if I see something that is worth reselling for a profit I do try!

I do not judge others who resell. I give without strings and always hope that if what I give doesn't work for the person than they will resell it and get what they can use!

themamageek 04-22-2012 02:44 PM

I would be. Not for free stuff, though. I only sell that stuff if I'm told to sell it to get something else that will work better. Otherwise I ffs.

But yeah, if I had bought a Rag for $40 and then managed to sell it for $300 on eBay? You wouldn't see any shame.