Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Nov (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   I hate picking names! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1384842)

AnimalHouse 04-24-2012 10:02 AM

I hate picking names!

My husband has picked the first names for our three boys (Bodie, Oren, and Greyson). I seriously suck at picking names :giggle:. But since I like to be prepared, who wants to help me get together a list of names?! Here's what I have so far:

Girl:
Amelia
Summer
Charlotte
Madelynn

Boy:
Elijah (Eli)
Levi
Cohen

I'm not really a big fan of any of the boy names. I don't like trendy names, or traditional names... we prefer old-fashioned names that aren't super common. Basically, we don't want our kid to be "First Name Last Initial" in school :giggle:. Greyson is the most common of our boys' names, but it's old-fashioned and I loved it. Any ideas?

kangasox 04-24-2012 10:20 AM

My husband and I don't agree on boy names at all, and I gave up naming rights as one of my parts to get him to agree to a third. So, I think he's already decided and I get no say, but if I WERE to name a boy right now it would be Neville. I also love Atticus, Thatcher, Beckett, Jasper, Trey, and River. Oh, and Silas.

doodah 04-24-2012 01:35 PM

Re: I hate picking names!

If you dont want popular, i would avoid Madelynn and any various spelling.

Besides that, the names are all really nice. Bodie and Greyson seem fairly common to me but not super, super common so with that in mind, I think Cohen goes along well. Levi and Elijah are both very nice but to me, very Biblical sounding and doesnt necessarily make sense with your other name choices. still nice names though.

Maddalena 04-24-2012 01:36 PM

How about Corbin for a boy?

AnimalHouse 04-24-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kangasox (Post 14995603)
My husband and I don't agree on boy names at all, and I gave up naming rights as one of my parts to get him to agree to a third. So, I think he's already decided and I get no say, but if I WERE to name a boy right now it would be Neville. I also love Atticus, Thatcher, Beckett, Jasper, Trey, and River. Oh, and Silas.

:giggle: I hope your DH picks a name you love!

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodah (Post 14996752)
If you dont want popular, i would avoid Madelynn and any various spelling.

Besides that, the names are all really nice. Bodie and Greyson seem fairly common to me but not super, super common so with that in mind, I think Cohen goes along well. Levi and Elijah are both very nice but to me, very Biblical sounding and doesnt necessarily make sense with your other name choices. still nice names though.

I've never met a Madelynn in our area. Or Bodie, until I came on DS :giggle:. There really is no rhyme or reason to our kids' names... DH got Bodie because he was watching football and mispronounced a player's name (Brodie became Bodie), and liked it... Oren is after DH's CO in the Marines, whose last name was Orrin... and Greyson is because DH wanted Grey, but I don't like one syllable names (we have a one syllable last name) :giggle:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddalena (Post 14996766)
How about Corbin for a boy?

I like Corbin, but it sounds too much like Oren for me :blush:. One of my favorite girl names has always been Wren, but we can't use that one either. LOL!

twinpossible 04-24-2012 03:32 PM

Well I LOVE picking names so I'll help out :giggle:

I agree that Levi and Elijah sound too Biblical next to your other children's names. I totally know what you mean about picking names that are not too common but also not totally out there...how about these,

Girl
Summer (that totally works with your boy names!)
Willow
Adele
Rainee (I had a student with that name and LOVED it!)
Quincee
Pippa

Boy
Drake
Holden

doodah 04-24-2012 06:46 PM

OP you've never met a Madilynn?? wow! I am surprised about that.

Here are some names maybe to think about.....
Nolan
Micah
Caleb
Hudson
Gage

Girls
Alexis
Savannah
Autumn
Mariah

mamaerica 04-24-2012 09:50 PM

I LOVE Cohen!!! And it goes great with your other kids' names!

AnimalHouse 04-25-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodah (Post 14998353)
OP you've never met a Madilynn?? wow! I am surprised about that.

Here are some names maybe to think about.....
Nolan
Micah
Caleb
Hudson
Gage

Girls
Alexis
Savannah
Autumn
Mariah

I dunno, maybe it's my area. But Caleb, Gage, Alexis, Savannah, and Mariah are
super popular around here! I personally love Savannah, but know 4 other kids with that name (including my niece). I like Micah, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerica (Post 14999247)
I LOVE Cohen!!! And it goes great with your other kids' names!

I thought it flowed nicely, too! I only know one other Cohen. Or maybe Noah... I like Noah, too. It's Biblical, but that's fine with me. We're a Biblical family :giggle:.

beccatown 04-25-2012 02:32 PM

I work in a childcare facility so I see them all. I love Cohen and have only met a couple. Madelynn is very propular here and we've had several Bodies' come through. Cohen is definitely my fave.