Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically TGIF! Yay! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386212)

cherylchoo 04-27-2012 05:24 AM

Basically TGIF! Yay!

Morning mamas.

Ian flooded the bed last night and then slept in my bed. He's the worst kid to cosleep with ever. :rofl: sideways, kicking, talking, etc. I'm dead. :needcoffee:

My granite should arrive at the warehouse today. That is the pinnacle of my day, that.

mom2sadieandbean 04-27-2012 05:48 AM

Sorry Cheryl. I'm tired for no particular reason other than I stayed up until almost midnight. My kids are going through a stage of excellent sleeping.

Today is Amelia's last day of Head Start. It served as the primary preschool in town with the majority of the kids not income qualified - one of the moms is a doctor. For us, it is just a preschool that happens to be federally funded. Because one teacher is retiring, another is looking to cut back on hours, and because so many are over income, the board of directors for our area decided to close it at the end of the year. The only other option in town could not handle all of the kids, is a little pricey, and does not take 3 year olds. Fortunately our ps is in the process of opening a preschool for 3 and 4 year olds so Amelia will go there next year. It is still rather bittersweet.

cherylchoo 04-27-2012 06:38 AM

Re: Basically TGIF! Yay!

Aw, Cecelia, that stinks. I have always regretted Ian did not attend the same preschool as his sisters. They were infinitely more prepared for public school that he will be. But alas, such a thing does not exist here. Preschools that take 4YOs that still have potty issues, that is.

cherylchoo 04-27-2012 06:45 AM

So we had bought these light fixtures for the electrician to install. He needed to add a junction box and I figured I might as well pay him to install them too since they are large. Well, I had bought the wrong bulbs so he didn't put on the covers, just finished the electrical part of installing. Yesterday DH and put in the bulbs and tried to put the cover on, which is a two man job. It fit on one but not the other. It looks so nice in the picture, but IRL it is such crap. It is literally a balsa wood box poorly stapled together painted brown - it looks like an 8th grade shop project. Thus why the second one didn't fit.

We figured we'd take them back, but we can't find the boxes they came in. I think the electrician may have taken them with him as part of cleanup. So now we are stuck with these crappy lights that require two people to take the cover on/off. Assuming we can sand a bigger opening on the one that doesn't fit to force it on. Ugh.

I am super annoyed because lighting changes how everything looks. If I wind up changing the light fixture, it may change how all the colors look in the kitchen. And I haven't picked the backsplash yet because of the lighting and waiting on the granite. Grrr.

:zen: It will be done in three weeks. I can move in three weeks. :zen:

lemurmommies 04-27-2012 07:51 AM

Sorry you don't like the lights, Cheryl. Once everything is in the kitchen, will they really be as noticeable?

I am drinking coffee and doing a last load of laundry before I finish packing. :nervous:

mom2sadieandbean 04-27-2012 07:59 AM

Nice looking lights - too bad they are crappily made. I'd probably have picked something like that too.

redgirlsmama 04-27-2012 08:06 AM

Boo for crappy lights. We did a kitchen reno once back in another life and that stuff is no fun.
:cry: :giggle2: I ordered 3 cases of strawberries, 2 for me and 1 for a friend/BU. Well somehow I only got 1 case coming to me. I think it is a sign from the universe that I need a week off to get my house in order and not worry about strawberries. They will likely be available next week too so I will wait. I'm splitting 40 lbs of oranges with my neighbor too, and someone has said they aren't very good so I might refuse those too and end up with just my basket.
Today is art class, which I have volunteered for some reason to bring another girl to that I really don't enjoy. I can't put my finger on it as to why I don't like this 4yo girl, but I dread it every time we are around her :hide:

lemurmommies 04-27-2012 08:52 AM

On hold with the university. Shoot me now. Their music is awful!

jwjbbrown 04-27-2012 08:58 AM

Mel I just found out that Monday and Tuesday mornings next week I am stuck giving an end of the year assessment in the mornings. Not fun for you....however I do have a CRAP LOAD of stuff that I need done if you are willing to work on it while I test. All classes are testing so I cant even get you in with the Kindergarten kids

lemurmommies 04-27-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
Mel I just found out that Monday and Tuesday mornings next week I am stuck giving an end of the year assessment in the mornings. Not fun for you....however I do have a CRAP LOAD of stuff that I need done if you are willing to work on it while I test. All classes are testing so I cant even get you in with the Kindergarten kids

Sure! I like crap loads of stuff. That's what I am there for! :giggle: