Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When were you in maternity for #4? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386492)

Harmony96 04-27-2012 04:42 PM

When were you in maternity for #4?

Fourth pregnancy with a little bit of pre-existing padding... when did you start wearing maternity clothes? I had this exact same padding when I had my third pregnancy, and I think I switched over to maternity by 10 or 11 weeks, only b/c the maternity clothes made my padding look like a "real" baby belly at that point, LOL. But I don't think I actually "needed" maternity clothes for another few weeks. Just curious what others did.

I'm about 5'0" and 118 when not pregnant, about a size 6-10 depending on the clothes. And I'm 5 weeks right now, and have some "evening bloat" going on, but can still suck it in for the most part, lol.

MacMama 04-27-2012 05:39 PM

Re: When were you in maternity for #4?

I remember being really bloated at 4-6 weeks, and almost feeling like I needed maternity clothes already, but then it went away and I felt better and didn't look pregnant. Tight jeans were uncomfortable on my lower belly by 7-8 weeks, and I could tell I looked pregnant by around 9 weeks so I started doing belly bands with my jeans then.
I bought maternity jeans at 12 weeks, and I was congratulated by a stranger that same week... so it must have been pretty obvious! :goodvibes:

ETA: I'm a lot bigger than you, 5'9" and around 160 when not pregnant, and I still show that soon.

KaleidoscopeEyes 04-27-2012 05:48 PM

lets just say this was me at 10 weeks....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...37916604_n.jpg

HeatherlovesCDs 04-27-2012 06:00 PM

I've been wearing maternity clothes full time since about 8wks with this 4th pregnancy. I was wearing them at 6wks at home. I've had 2 prior twin pregnancies and this started at twins. This is about the same as with my 3rd pregnancy, which was twins.

I don't think I needed maternity until at least 12wks, but it was more comfortable on my belly. The tighter jeans just were not comfy anymore, which is what happened with my last. I'm not sure if I need them even yet at 15wks, but they are more comfortable.

I don't really care when I start wearing them. Unlike my first and even second pregnancy, comfort is what I care about.

Also, I have extra fluff too, more than you. The maternity clothing made my belly look like a baby belly when it really wasn't much of one yet. I was okay with that...sort of. LOL.

raisingcropsandbabies 04-27-2012 07:17 PM

Never got out of my maternity clothes from #3 before I got pregnant with #4! I've continually been in them since #1 was born (that's what happens when you are pregnant all the time)! :)

calapitters 04-27-2012 07:40 PM

I'm pretty similar to you, 5'1" 113lbs when not pg. I'm expecting #4 in June! I started wearing maternity clothes around 15 weeks, but started unbuttoning my pants around 10 weeks. I just wasn't quite big enough to keep things from falling off me before that :).

hohaas 04-28-2012 07:59 AM

It's always been about the same for me except for a little longer w/ my first. Usually like 24 wks. I'm a petite person at 5'1" and 108 so maternity clothes take a bit to fit well. Plus i wear scrubs for work so im in those a lot

bluemoonbutterfly 04-28-2012 08:55 AM

Never. I don't wear blue jeans even when I am not pregnant because of the way they fit. I wear yoga/knit type pants or dresses/skirts all the time. I am still in my regular tops and bottoms at 32 weeks.

my2sweets 04-28-2012 10:27 AM

With my pregnacy and dd1 i didnt wear maternity until well into my 2nd trimester. With dd2(3rd pregnacy) I had to bust out the maternity clothes at 8wks. For all 3 i was 5'10 115-118lbs. Im 6wks along, started this pg at 138 and while Im not in maternity clothes yet there are a couple shirts I dont wear b/c they are not! flattering lol

eguisgirl 05-03-2012 09:45 AM

I am a size 14 and did not use maternity clothes until around 16-18 weeks this time around. I just rubberbanded my jeans for a long time. Hahahaha