Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vacation and cloth diapering (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386815)

JennTheMomma 04-28-2012 12:07 PM

Vacation and cloth diapering

For those that cloth diaper and have gone on vacation with a CD'd baby, how did that work?

my2sweets 04-28-2012 12:56 PM

When we went to mils/mini vacays for 3-4days it wasnt a big deal. I didnt try it on a longer vacation though. We usually go to the beach for about a wk and since there would only be a laundrymat I just used sposies. I did use those flushable liners though since I didnt have my handy sprayer. That helped a lot.

luvsviola 04-28-2012 03:32 PM

Re: Vacation and cloth diapering

I just take sposies with me. It makes everything easier. :)

gerka528 04-28-2012 03:38 PM

I used flips with disposable inserts for our 11 day vacation earlier this month. I bought some sposies and tried one on my DS before we left and he ripped it off and brought me a cloth dipe to put on, so he definitely didn't want to wear them. He was fine with the flips though. We are going to be in hotels for 3-4 months this summer and I'm planning on using my flats in the flip covers and saving the sposie inserts for the plane trips. Super easy to wash and they dry very quickly.

Brooke789 04-28-2012 05:05 PM

We do GroVia/Flip/G Diaper sposies in a shell for daytime. Nighttime we need serious diapers though...so if we're going for longer than 3 days we buy sposies (but use wool over them to slow the leaks). If it is just a short trip we take our regular nightime diapers and wash when we get home.

Rainfall 04-28-2012 05:17 PM

The only long vaca we took while CD'ing was to my mom's house and I was thankfully just able to wash at her house. We've gone on 3-4 vacas before though and I just took our entire stash with us and it worked out. I just had a LOT of laundry to do when we got home.

And there were a couple of small weekend vacas we took that I just bought a pack of sposies.

AngelicasMommy 04-28-2012 06:18 PM

I'm going to my dads hometown for two weeks in august and there's no way I can do cloth. My aunts/uncles are coming ( my dad is one of 7 kids, plus their husbands/wives )and we'll all be using my grandmothers washer/dryer. I don't even know how were all gonna wash just our clothes.

JamieJLD 04-28-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainfall (Post 15018990)
The only long vaca we took while CD'ing was to my mom's house and I was thankfully just able to wash at her house. We've gone on 3-4 vacas before though and I just took our entire stash with us and it worked out. I just had a LOT of laundry to do when we got home.

Us too. We wash at my mom's house and any other trips have been short enough that bringing the whole stash got us through the trip.

Vivhop98 04-28-2012 07:10 PM

I only took my cloth diapers with us when it was less than three days. Even if there was access to a machine, it was a vacation, so I didn't want to spend my time washing diapers. With three kids, it takes me almost a day to pack and I try to pack light though, so that always helped. I would have also used the grovia disposables, but they are more expensive.

KaleidoscopeEyes 04-28-2012 07:13 PM

if we werent staying with family we would just hit the laundromat. im very passionate about cloth and sposies is not an option for this family.