Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Is anyone's baby not a comfort nurser? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387824)

KLJ07 04-30-2012 05:29 PM

Is anyone's baby not a comfort nurser?

My almost 6 mo. ds is not a comfort nurser at all. My other kids were so this is kind of odd to me. He seems to only nurse for nutritional reasons. I just want to be able to pop the boob in his mouth to soothe him, but he acts like I'm doing something awful to him! Any other babies out there like my ds? If so, did they ever change? Also, just wondering if anyone has a baby that didn't comfort nurse that went on to nurse into toddlerhood. I'm just kind of wondering since he doesn't nurse a whole lot if that will affect him wanting to continue nursing past a year.

Manderzthegr8 04-30-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Is anyone's baby not a comfort nurser?

well i don't have answers to most of your questions because this is my first and shes only 3 months... BUT she is not a comfort nurser either! She eats and then when shes done she backs off and will cry and if i try to comfort with the boob she just gets more mad. she would rather have a pacifier after shes full... :headscratch:

need some diaps! 04-30-2012 05:58 PM

I would say neither of my girls are/were comfort nursers. YDD is still nursing at nearly a year but ODD quit when I was 5 or 6 months preg withher sister so that was about 21 months. I felt so bad she quit before two but she seems fine!

aries416 04-30-2012 06:11 PM

My dd was a very "down to business" nurser. She nursed often, but for a quick snack, not comfort. She did not nurse to sleep after a couple months old. She's nearly 4 and still nursing!

themamageek 04-30-2012 06:34 PM

DS was but DD isn't. She prefers her fingers. *shrugs*

adavieau 04-30-2012 06:43 PM

My oldest ds was not a comfort nurser, we found out he had reflux at 3 months and got him medication but at that point he had already found his thumb and preferred that. We still went on to nurse to 15 months (when I got pg with my next baby and weaned himbecause I was so sick).

eliz7 04-30-2012 07:44 PM

Ydd is not a comfort nurser but as she gets older she actually nurses more. Now she's 18 months and no where near weaning. I would just keep offering regularly and don't worry about the lack of comfort nursing.

dawnp15 05-01-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manderzthegr8 (Post 15028534)
well i don't have answers to most of your questions because this is my first and shes only 3 months... BUT she is not a comfort nurser either! She eats and then when shes done she backs off and will cry and if i try to comfort with the boob she just gets more mad. she would rather have a pacifier after shes full... :headscratch:

This! DS is all about business when it's time to eat!! When he's done he's done and only wants his paci for comfort/sleep.