Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   UPDATE 7/9 --- I want to give up the fight! vent (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387906)

mabelinoad 04-30-2012 08:32 PM

UPDATE 7/9 --- I want to give up the fight! vent

UPDATE:

Well I guess I should've come back here a while ago to update! I'm now 4 days overdue. I have a doula and a great OB that is giving me until 42weeks to go naturally, before he wants to start induction(low dose pit was his suggestion)

Besides minor BH a few times a day...and I'm only 2cm dilated...this baby seems content being inside!

I called lots of doctors before finding one that would take me, and he's had other VBA2C's in the past. The hospital is also pretty VBAC friendly, so thats encouraging!! Thanks ladies for encouraging me to keep looking :hugs:

I'm 31 weeks soon. And I just moved from Cali to Roanoke, VA...and I have been planning a VBA2C this entire time...but now that we had to move, rather quickly, I'm left without a doctor and still figuring out my insurance! Money is tighter here also, so chances of a doula aren't that great(theyre $800+ here)

I really REALLY want a vba2c because we want one or two more kids. But I feel like I've been fighting for months, and now I'm starting all over to find even a VBAC friendly doc. The local ICAN isn't together for some reason for the area. So I'm just feeling defeated and I have such an uphill battle in front of me!

:( its be easier just to schedule my RC...but I don't want that at all!!!

HeatherlovesCDs 04-30-2012 09:14 PM

Re: I want to give up the fight! vent

:hugs: I've never had a c, but for whatever reason, your thread caught my attention.

I'm in VA, but not near Roanoke. I'm not really sure how I could help you. But, I think if you really want it, you shouldn't give up. I would look in for a local midwife to get a referral from or for a Bradley instructor or even call the LLL and see if they can point you in any kind of direction since they tend to be naturally minded.

I can imagine you are feeling exhausted and don't want to start the search over, but I think it would be worth your effort. :hugs:

Oh and what about posting either in the main pregnancy section or in the regional section or both and see if anyone on here can recommend someone or has connections. There are tons of us VA'ers on here. Good luck!

momomom 05-01-2012 08:16 AM

Good luck, mama! I am sort of in the same boat. I will be moving 36 weeks preggo(THEN again when baby is like 2 weeks old- grrrr). That alone is a HUGE stress. If you want a VBAC, don't give up. True story: df moved 34 weeks preggo and knew she couldn't find anyone to assiste a vbac for a diabetic mama. So she waited till she was in active labor and walked into an er, explained she had just moved there and hadn't found a dr yet, and had the baby. She just didn't mention her previous birth was a c/s. It took GUTS but it worked for her!

mabelinoad 05-01-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momomom
Good luck, mama! I am sort of in the same boat. I will be moving 36 weeks preggo(THEN again when baby is like 2 weeks old- grrrr). That alone is a HUGE stress. If you want a VBAC, don't give up. True story: df moved 34 weeks preggo and knew she couldn't find anyone to assiste a vbac for a diabetic mama. So she waited till she was in active labor and walked into an er, explained she had just moved there and hadn't found a dr yet, and had the baby. She just didn't mention her previous birth was a c/s. It took GUTS but it worked for her!

I've honestly thought about that! Just not finding someone for sure, and going to the hosp my insurance has.... But I'm afraid of what they'll have to assume I have and force me to do...like I could have xyz disease. Or having to keep the baby longer to verify it doesn't have certain defects..

mariamommy 05-01-2012 11:00 AM

Ohh ((hugs)) I am so sorry. I understand the fight ... its so exhausting, nothing a pregnant woman should have to deal with. :( I am in the same battle, looking for a vba3c provider, I have to travel 4.5 hrs to one. I haven't completely decided what to do yet, I am due in 2 weeks.

I know its frustrating, but ya gotta keep making calls. You will eventually find one, even if you have to travel a bit. I attempted vba2c and traveled 2 hrs to a hospital that would help.

shan1212 05-08-2012 03:03 PM

This website might be useful in helping you pick an OB: http://www.vhi.org/ob_reports_phys.asp

Also, you can probably find somebody in training who is willing to be your doula for free. My friend is training to be a doula and she attended her first 6 births for free until she was certified. Maybe email this lady and see if she knows anyone . . . http://www.lifes-little-blessings.com/

songbird516 05-08-2012 03:58 PM

I don't know why doulas would be more expensive there than they are here in charlottesville? I can ask some other doulas if they know someone in Roanoke, though. I'm 3 hours away from there. A doula in training is a great idea. I've had 3 clients so far and haven't charged anything.

mabelinoad 05-09-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by songbird516
I don't know why doulas would be more expensive there than they are here in charlottesville? I can ask some other doulas if they know someone in Roanoke, though. I'm 3 hours away from there. A doula in training is a great idea. I've had 3 clients so far and haven't charged anything.

How much are they there? All are about $800, less if you don't want photography...but not by much

crunchymom2b 05-10-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabelino (Post 15031027)
I've honestly thought about that! Just not finding someone for sure, and going to the hosp my insurance has.... But I'm afraid of what they'll have to assume I have and force me to do...like I could have xyz disease. Or having to keep the baby longer to verify it doesn't have certain defects..

But you have had prenatal care. If you say "I just moved and haven't had the time to find a NEW doctor" you should be fine. Basically, the oneinfo you'll be omitting is HOW you birthed your previous 2 children. If they ask you can say they were uncomplicated, which I assume they were, they just came out the belly instead of the vag. Then after the baby is born they should have time to call over to verify your records and then whoops! they may discover the c-sections but too late! Plus they can't force you into anything, though they can sure try.

Even if you have a doctor you can still walk into any ER and they have to care for you.

I'm sorry you're in this situation to begin with :hugs: But pleasekeep trying- it may feel futile now but you'll be thankful you did everything you could when this is all said and done. Good luck!

songbird516 05-12-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabelino (Post 15070050)
How much are they there? All are about $800, less if you don't want photography...but not by much

I think 500-600, but there are lots in training who charge less.