Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Hi...(introduction) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387955)

Libdisney 04-30-2012 11:47 PM

Hi...(introduction)

I'm new to DS and I realized tonight that in order to pm/buy in the sale threads, I will need to have a post count. Then I found this little forum which seemed perfect for a first post. Much less intimidating. So...hi!

I'm pregnant with my first, due October 11. Super happy and excited and can't wait to meet our baby. We are having a private gender scan on Friday. Time has started flying by.

I want to cloth diaper, but I'm so overwhelmed by all the choices that my tentative plan at this point - post-nb stash days - is to do a trial pack once the baby is a little bigger, to see what we like, and then purchase the bulk of our stash. I'm not sure if this is a good plan or not, but I would hate to purchase a bunch and find out I hate them. I know I am going to break down and buy a few things though. :)

eris710 05-01-2012 12:39 AM

Re: Hi...(introduction)

hello. first of all, congratulations. yeah i know about the breaking down part and buying a whole lot of diapers before the baby comes. i experienced it as well.

i believe you already have a good plan there. just buy trial pack before you commit to any brands. better yet, you can buy/trade from other forumers here. you can save and get to try many many types of diapers. each baby is different, and they will may need different types of diapers at different stages.

zacifer 05-01-2012 12:42 AM

Hi and welcome!!! Congrats on your first. So exciting. By "private" gender scan, do you mean you'll find out the gender but keep it a secret between your hubby and you? When we started cloth, we kept it simple with one sized pockets. And cheap ones. No Bum genius for us. After researching it, we knew it was the best choice for us b/c of what my hubby wanted and the fact that we were diapering two so it was economical. Prefolds are super cheap, but my hubby drew the line there, which is why we went with pockets. But he doesn't know that for this babe I'm getting some prefolds b/c everyone on here loves them. :) You can always get a few different types to try, and buy enough so you can do cloth 24/7 but then find your favs and sell the rejects in FSOT and use that money to buy more of your favs. But I know lots of mamas whos stashes consist of lots of diff brands and styles. Good luck!

GooseBella 05-01-2012 07:19 AM

Congrats and Welcome! Also we are due date buddies. Baby #2 is due October 11th for me as well. Technically, I'm in the same boat as you but for the newborn stash. I didn't start cloth diapering until my DD was 8 months old. Found 1 brand and loved it. For a little one though I'm having to start over.

JeDeeLenae 05-01-2012 07:23 AM

Welcome and Congratulations! Another much less intimidating place is the Due Date section. You can join those due in the same month as you and ask all the questions you want in a smaller group.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

Libdisney 05-01-2012 07:51 AM

Going with OS dipes would make it easier, but I think I want to stay away from the bulk factor...which makes me think they might not be the best for us. Lots of people love them, though! So many variables to consider, that's why I always come back to the trial pack

By private scan, I just mean it is a private u/s, not the doctor ordered anatomy scan. That won't be for a couple more weeks. We are not keeping gender a secret. No way!! ;)

goose-hi to another 10-11-12 dd!

JeDeeLenae 05-01-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae
Welcome and Congratulations! Another much less intimidating place is the Due Date section. You can join those due in the same month as you and ask all the questions you want in a smaller group.

And I just realized this was in a DDC... I'm blaming the phone app.

Cupcake213 05-01-2012 10:36 AM

Welcome and Congrats on your first!!

NurseJessie 05-01-2012 10:52 AM

Welcome and congrats! We're expecting our first Oct 6 and I'm feeling just like you about cloth diapering. We definitely want to do it but are overwhelmed with all the different kinds. Where are you getting a trial pack from? We'd love to do that!

Libdisney 05-01-2012 12:30 PM

Congrats to you too, Jessie! Lots of the diaper places offer the trial packs...I haven't sat down to compare them well yet, but I will pick the one that has the biggest selection.