Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   HighRisk Mama Weekly check in 5/1-5/7 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388073)

GracieMak'sMama 05-01-2012 10:06 AM

HighRisk Mama Weekly check in 5/1-5/7

Since there a few high-risk mamas in this DDC, I figured it would be nice to have a weekly check-in. That way we can keep each other posted on our progress and get support when things get tough(or even if they just SEEM tough in a hormonal moment)
If you would like to join, fill out the “form” below :goodvibes:

Name:
What makes you high risk:
How many children do you have:
Anything else you would like to share:

I will post this check in every Tuesday morning , i can't wait to "meet" all of you:goodvibes:

Cupcake213 05-01-2012 10:27 AM

Re: HighRisk Mama Weekly check in 5/1-5/7

Name: Christin Hayday

How many children do you have: I have two living children, 1 Angelbaby, and my little pumpkin due Oct. 13th but will be delivered sooner.

What makes you high risk? My first was a stillbirth (36w4d) due to partial placental abruption basically a blood clot formed between the uterus and the placenta. I also have hypothyroidism. I have lost 20 lbs this pregnancy. I am not small but still that kind of weight loss is not good. I am also being tested for some liver complications but will not have the results tilll maybe next week.

Anything else you want to share: I am super anxious and will panic with just little things. It has been so hard to relax. I am so excited that I have a group to share my concerns with. I hope we all deliver healthy babies! I am excited to be able to check on everyone and see how every is coping.

NurseJessie 05-01-2012 11:08 AM

Name: Jessica
What makes you high risk: Up until 15 weeks we were high risk due to the large subchorionic hemorrhage, but that resolved (yay!). Now we're somewhat high risk because the baby has bilateral club feet and a curve in his spine. I'm guessing the curve is congenital scoliosis, but no one has really explained that. So with both of those things, the MFM is concerned that there may be other complications.
How many children do you have: This is our first!
Anything else you would like to share: The MFM strongly recommended an amniocentesis to see if the little guy has any chromosomal anomalies that may have contributed to the feet and spine. We feel that the amnio is a pretty risky procedure and we want our baby no matter what. I would love to know for sure if he does have a syndrome so that we can be prepared, but I know even the amnio can miss things. I'm open to doing the penta screen (blood test to tell risk for chromosomal anomalies and open neural tube defects), but MFM says he wants the amnio even if the penta screen is negative. So I'm going on the 16th for a level 2 ultrasound of his heart (no problems there so far) and if he has any heart anomalies we'll reconsider the amnio. And hopefully someone can give me some more information about his spine and possible treatment.

GracieMak'sMama 05-01-2012 12:12 PM

Name:Sara
What makes you high risk:I am type 1 diabetic and that puts me at risk for large babies, spinal and heart defects and a higher chance of still birth.
How many children do you have:1 DD, Grace (2) and this little man due Oct 9th
Anything else you would like to share:My DD was healthy and perfect but her labor and birth were just aweful. My goal this time a round is to have a more peaceful delivery and overall experience.

Jessica-Will they do a fetal echo if the 2d ultrasound shows something concering or just push the amino?

NurseJessie 05-01-2012 12:56 PM

Sara, that's a great point. I know they'll still want the amnio, but I'll definitely push for a fetal echo if they see anything on the ultrasound, and I'm sure they'll probably want to do that.

mommy4knk 05-01-2012 02:51 PM

Name: Joni
What makes you high risk: Im pregnant with Monochorionic twins.
How many children do you have: 2 already. KayLeigh is 8 and Kaleb is 6.
Anything else you would like to share: I, too, am very anxious and nervous about this pregnancy. There are so many things that can go wrong and have heard several times "You still arent out of the woods yet". I just want to have a normal pregnancy, which I have never been able to have b/c with the other two kids, I had Hyperemesis.

sillyutalktome 05-01-2012 02:56 PM

Name: Jeanette
What makes you high risk: Preterm labor with my first started at 31 weeks, delivered at 34.
How many children do you have: 1 - M (dd almost four)
Anything else you would like to share: I'm incredibly scared too. I start my 17p shots tomorrow.

GracieMak'sMama 05-01-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseJessie (Post 15032411)
Sara, that's a great point. I know they'll still want the amnio, but I'll definitely push for a fetal echo if they see anything on the ultrasound, and I'm sure they'll probably want to do that.

The reason i thought of it is that i get fetal echos (due to the risk of heart defects) and they usually tell you a ton. . obv it wouldnt tell you the cause if there was anything wrong but it would show the docs the problem and they would know where to go from there :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy4knk (Post 15033028)
Name: Joni
What makes you high risk: Im pregnant with Monochorionic twins.
How many children do you have: 2 already. KayLeigh is 8 and Kaleb is 6.
Anything else you would like to share: I, too, am very anxious and nervous about this pregnancy. There are so many things that can go wrong and have heard several times "You still arent out of the woods yet". I just want to have a normal pregnancy, which I have never been able to have b/c with the other two kids, I had Hyperemesis.

Girl, i understand completely where you are coming from. It truly does suck to get to points in your pregnancy where others are breathing sighs of relief and all you are hearing is "well now we have to watch for this" and "this could still go wrong. . " I have found that finding one good thing or moment and hanging on to that helps immensly. For this preg it was hearing the doc say that he was a he. . and that everything looks kosher for now. I know that everything may not stay looking good, but i'm going to hold on to the moment of relief when it was good :hugs::hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyutalktome (Post 15033058)
Name: Jeanette
What makes you high risk: Preterm labor with my first started at 31 weeks, delivered at 34.
How many children do you have: 1 - M (dd almost four)
Anything else you would like to share: I'm incredibly scared too. I start my 17p shots tomorrow.

Incredibly scared seems par for this course, unfortunatly.:hugs: I am praying that all of our fears will prove to be unfounded in the end and all of our beans will arrive,just on time, safe and sound <3:hugs::goodvibes:

Gardyloo 05-02-2012 01:56 PM

Great idea! Having a high risk pregnancy is hard. We want to sit back and enjoy being pregnant, like everyone else, but it seems like there's just so much to worry about! I haven't posted in the DDC much, but I have been reading occasionally.

Name: Dawn
What makes you high risk: My first was born at 32 weeks due to pPROM
How many children do you have: 2 - DS was my 32 weeker and spent 5 weeks in the NICU after birth. He's 4 years old now. DD was full term at 38.5 weeks. She's turning 2 this month.
Anything else you'd like to share: With my last pregnancy, I was monitored closely by MFM (cervical ultrasounds every two weeks), and did the 17p shots from weeks 18-36. My dd was born full term, so I'm going to do the same thing for this pregnancy and hope it works again. The one scary thing is that both my labors began with PROM. Contractions did not start until AFTER my water broke. Like the rest of you, I won't be able to breathe a sigh of relief until I have my babe in my arms!

GracieMak'sMama 05-02-2012 08:27 PM

Welcome Dawn! I hope you find us to be a little bit of a break from the scary-ness of being a high-risk mama and just the support you need :hugs: