Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   May 2011 Mamas - May chat! Happy Birthday! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388155)

juliabell 05-01-2012 12:31 PM

May 2011 Mamas - May chat! Happy Birthday!

Well here we are! One year later. Can't believe I was pregnant this time last year. And I'm ALMOST back to my pre-baby weight, which makes me happy.

I think DS will walk any day now. He tries to stand but then gets too nervous and goes back to holding on.

We only have bottom 2 and top 2 teeth. And just barely those top two.

He has turned into a little boy right before my very eyes. One day I just looked at him and couldn't believe he wasn't a baby anymore. Have to keep reminding myself...

Right this moment he's sitting on the floor pulling his cheese and cheerios out of snack cup, spreading them around, and painstankingly deciding which ones to actually eat. He is very much in stacking and sorting mode these days. Hope he gets some blocks for his birthday!

Can't wait until his 1 year checkup to see how tall he is. I know he's a string bean, but compared to all the toddlers at his kindermusik class, he's just as tall as they are! Even taller than some! This kid is going to tower over me when he's a teenager.

watermelon 05-01-2012 08:01 PM

Re: May 2011 Mamas - May chat! Happy Birthday!

This is SOOO much better than last year. We were still in the NICU and I was traveling 2 1/2 hours back and forth!

The girlies still only have their 2 bottom teeth. A has just started trying to push up to her hands and knees, but I wouldn't be surprised if she never crawled. J is everywhere crawling now and A rolls there. They are finally eating a bit chunkier foods...I'm pureeing everything. But they won't do finger foods yet...so different than my full termers! They weigh 17 pounds. Tonight they are at Nonna's and I am missing them like crazy!!!

Cute twin stuff. I have to put them to bed within seconds of one another or they lose it. I have to change both of them and put them down together. About every morning they wake up and "chat" then go back to sleep. When they finally are ready to get up I go in and generally J is on top of A like she is trying to wrestling pin her from the side. I think they are already best friends.

juliabell 05-01-2012 11:07 PM

Watermelon that is so sweet! Twin stuff is so interesting to me. It'll be fun to watch them grow up and see all those funny things that happen. Was J first born or second? She seems like the dominant one, LOL, judging by the wrestling move!

I'm so happy for you that you're able to look back a year later and have things be so great. I know things were probably so hard and difficult for you but look how far things have come! Truly blessings :hugs:

watermelon 05-02-2012 09:26 AM

J is definitely the feistier girl! But A has held her own in other ways...like she was hugging and kissing and saying DaDa first. J has always fussed more, I think A is just way more laid back.

Sometimes it is hard. It is so hard to imagine your little guy being ready to walk when A doesn't do anything but roll and sit. But I know she will get there. And quite honestly my first one never crawled! They can both stand up to things if I place them there and J is trying really hard to pull up...she can get to her knees. A probably could too...she just doesn't care to.

First year checkup will be fun! And isn't it weird to think of your son someday towering over you!?!

watermelon 05-02-2012 09:28 AM

Oh and J was born second. A was way down with her head basically engaged while J was swimming around making it next to impossible to monitor her heartbeat while I was flat on my back! So I knew before they were born she was the feisty one. Also there were times during ultrasounds when J was kicking or hitting A...nice, huh?!

MahinaParis 05-02-2012 02:57 PM

Our daughter was born May 27th last year and this time a year ago I was thinking about long my pregnancy seemed and I didn't understand how people thought time would fly by. Boy, was I wrong. I miss being pregnant and I miss when my little girl was a little "burrito" all swaddled and sleepy.

justineybean 05-03-2012 04:38 PM

Wow I was just replying in the old thread when I realized it was May!! Haha here's my replies from there...

I didn't even know what boudoir photos were until now. :blush: I couldn't ever consider that I don't think.

How's everyone's week been? My DS turned 4 (!!!) on Tuesday. We had a little party with his schoolmates. It was very sweet. I think he had a good day. We will have a party for him and DD with family and friends next weekend.

Rachel-- sorry things have been rough. Hope you're enjoying vacation and happy birthday to Toby!! :happybirthday:

My DH is on vacation this week so our usual routine (or lack of) is a little off but it's been sooo nice!!!

Hope everyone is well. When are all the babies' birthdays? Oh yeah we got our swap gifts from doodah! They're so sweet--some soft blocks, a giraffe, and fabric chain. I'll post pics soon!! :)

And to the new posts... Watermelon I'm so happy to hear how well the girls are doing!! I love the twin stories. I have an identical twin sister and my mom used to tell sweet stories like that we would stand at our cribs across from each other (separate beds) and spit on the floor and laugh at each other. Lol only a mother could love that!! :) I'm sorry that it's hard for you since they have some delays but you're right they will get there. My 4yo has developmental delays because of autism. It's hard not to compare--even to DD but I read a quote the other day that got me thinking --"comparison is the thief of joy". When I'm thinking about what DS can't do I forget that he CAN do so much. At the same time though it's unfair to yourself to say "well someone else out there has it worse" because of course that is true but it doesn't make your situation easier or your feelings less valid and you shouldn't feel guilty for what your kids can do. Okay sorry. :blush: that is all. :hugs:

Julia--can't believe your DS is almost walking!! So exciting. I totally feel your pain at the fact they are not babies anymore. :( so much to look forward to though! Yay for getting back to your pre-baby weight! You should feel good about that! Look forward to hearing the update after your DS's check-up. I always love seeing how much the kids grow too. :)

justineybean 05-03-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahinaParis
Our daughter was born May 27th last year and this time a year ago I was thinking about long my pregnancy seemed and I didn't understand how people thought time would fly by. Boy, was I wrong. I miss being pregnant and I miss when my little girl was a little "burrito" all swaddled and sleepy.

I feel the same way. I look back at pictures and can't believe that was a year ago!! So many sweet memories :)

justineybean 05-04-2012 05:37 AM

Okay mamas, I'm back for one more post. Please forgive me. I forgot to mention DD is using the potty!! :giggle: She had a dry diaper one morning so I sat her on the pot and she peed. We did it the next two days after she woke up and then yesterday I was too slow to catch it but this morning she made up for it and peed and pooped! Lol, I couldn't believe it!! I have no illusions about potty training and putting her in underwear but I was so amazed at how quickly she caught on and think I'll continue in preparation for when she is ready to PL. :) :yay:

And some new photos of DD:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7187/6...b7282afcb3.jpg

I love these chubby pouty faces almost as much as her smile (ALMOST):
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8021/6...447294ae24.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7064/6...e3580837c2.jpg

DD and DS snuggling at bedtime:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8014/7...76a494808e.jpg

watermelon 05-04-2012 12:11 PM

Ok all those pictures are ADORABLE...but the one with both of them...how incredibly sweet is that??!!!