Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community -

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - (
-   Parenting Talk (
-   -   Co-Sleeping at 8 months + (

BottomOfMyHearts 05-02-2012 05:09 PM

Co-Sleeping at 8 months +
Oh my gosh, sleep regression + developmental milestones galore... ACK!

I had to install bedrails on BOTH side of the bed! She's a crawling maniac! She just wants to roll and crawl and sit up and chatter at me! ;0)

Anyone else?

Teexie 05-02-2012 09:04 PM

Re: Co-Sleeping at 8 months +
We just got through this! DD was a late crawler (11 months), and went through this from about 10.5 months until 12 months. Putting her down for naps was impossible, so I started putting a movie in at naptime and bedtime. It was quite nice actually, because she never lets me sit down and watch a movie, but she was so busy moving around that she didn't care :)

doodah 05-03-2012 07:58 AM

oh yes, this is normal. This why we always transition out of the bed before they get to mobile and hyper at night. I have no tips for you because I couldnt get past this stage, I need my sleep! Its definitely harder when you have more than one and cannot just nap the next day to catch up, or sleep in.

bluedaisyma 05-03-2012 09:55 AM

we always co-sleep thru toddlerhood at least. I just ignore them when they crawl on me and try to talk (if it's the middle of the night). We have our mattress on the floor, so we don't have guardrails or anything. We just teach them how to get off the bed safely.

mommabritt 05-04-2012 11:42 PM

Dd sleeps in a pack n play half the time right up next to my bed. Web she wakes at night she stands in there and stares at me chattering away! If Im too close she'll even grab my hair or face lol. If I don't pay attention and find out what she wants she will cry though. Like a real, hearty cry not just whimper.

ETA she 8.5 months. :)