Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Oh my 3 yr old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388950)

happysmileylady 05-03-2012 08:29 AM

Oh my 3 yr old

These are the things that have come out of the mouth of my speech delayed 3 yr old in just the last 3 hrs this morning:

"Gosh D***it!"
"You Unnerstan me!"
"How Dare You?!?!"
"Hey, Dash MINE! Don toush it!
"I not get down! You Be Quiet!"

In addition, she has growled at me, given me dirty looks, and thrown her breakfast on the floor.

Yeah, she's is in a MOOD today. Much sitting in the corner so far.

kelpie169 05-03-2012 08:37 AM

Dontcha just LOVE those days?

Michelle_M 05-03-2012 09:43 AM

Re: Oh my 3 yr old

Ah... a fun day!

:hugs:

God bless!

pcjs 05-03-2012 10:51 AM

I'd have to laugh as at least she is talking and I'd be thrilled. Now, who exactly did she learn that language from??

kai_e 05-03-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happysmileylady (Post 15041674)
These are the things that have come out of the mouth of my speech delayed 3 yr old in just the last 3 hrs this morning:

"Gosh D***it!"
"You Unnerstan me!"
"How Dare You?!?!"
"Hey, Dash MINE! Don toush it!
"I not get down! You Be Quiet!"

In addition, she has growled at me, given me dirty looks, and thrown her breakfast on the floor.

Yeah, she's is in a MOOD today. Much sitting in the corner so far.

In the car mine asked for a popsicle, at 8:15am. I said no and the retort from the backseat was "You're killing me here!"

I say that to DH at least 2x a day. :blush:

happysmileylady 05-03-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelpie169 (Post 15041722)
Dontcha just LOVE those days?

Oh yeah, they are great:banghead::mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle_M (Post 15042104)
Ah... a fun day!

God bless!

A blast :thumbsup::giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs (Post 15042432)
I'd have to laugh as at least she is talking and I'd be thrilled. Now, who exactly did she learn that language from??

Oh, don't get me wrong, totally thrilled that she's saying something. I just wish it wasn't with so much 'tude. Especially when some of what she said was actually directed at the 19 month old...who also doesn't talk much.

But I totally know where she gets it all from.

The Gosh D***it is from DH. The "how dare you" is from My Little Pony. And the other day in the car, a lady cut me off and I called her stupid and my 3 yr old popped out with "stupid bi***" :blush: Yep, that one's on me lol. We are discussing Rae Rae words and not Rae Rae words this week lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by kai_e (Post 15043215)

In the car mine asked for a popsicle, at 8:15am. I said no and the retort from the backseat was "You're killing me here!"

I say that to DH at least 2x a day. :blush:

The other one we got a lot of today was "srsly?" lol Said exactly like that...and yah, that one comes from me.

bezark 05-03-2012 02:20 PM

Oh man, can I ever relate today. DS1 is in rare form from waking up way too early this morning. He's actually very verbal, and that combined with the 'tude has produced some real winners. :rolleyes:

"you're getting on my NERVES, mommy!"
"no, I NOT listen to you."
Every time I ask if he needs to go sit down, which is his warning for time out, he says yes. WTH do I do with that? Lol
"is Griffin (DS2) sleeping? Yes, mommy? Aw, crap. I wake him up now?"
"get me juice NOW!"

Counting down the minutes til bed time.

Erinne 05-03-2012 02:38 PM

Last week my almost 3 yo told my dh "you're making me loose my sh1t!" We just laugh; I feel bad for her future teachers!

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 05-03-2012 03:14 PM

We have those days here too! Our latest, when my 3yo DS called his 4.5yo sister a stupid idiot *sigh*

Leanbh 05-03-2012 08:37 PM

He-he...

I was working on the final t sound with my almost 3 yr old the other day. He's mastering the final t in WANT and then I was saying some other final t words like eat, hat. Of course little stinker came out with HIT while trying to swat me with his toes! I told him no to hitting me, but we can say the word. Whatever works sometimes.....

Oh and of course he constantly tells the speech therapist he's on the phone to his girlfriend? I thought I misheard him, but no, he say's it every week playing with her toy phone.