Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1389343)

greengranny 05-04-2012 02:34 AM

Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

Dd is nearly 9 weeks along, and has a 19 lb, 9 month old. She wants to know if it's safe to wear him in the Moby even though it puts pressure on her lower abdomen/uterus.

Since there were no Moby wraps back in the stone age when my kids were babies, I have no experience to draw from.

Opinions?

AngelicasMommy 05-04-2012 05:03 AM

I don't know for sure, so hopefully someone else can answer but I think, as long as it doesn't cause discomfort, it should be fine.

Mamaseitz 05-04-2012 05:35 AM

I'd suggest a more supportive wrap or carrier. The moby started being uncomfortable for me when dd was about 12 lbs bc she was squirmy. I know they say wovens or maybe even a gauze wrap are more supportive. Maybe a ssc like a Gemini or beco butterfly that has a hip belt might be more comfy. I love my gemini. Send an email to Jillian@paxbaby.com, she is awesome and knows everything about baby wearing and answers emails really quickly:-)

qsefthuko 05-04-2012 06:01 AM

Re: Do you wear your baby/toddler during pregnancy?

I used a sling for my 35-40lb 3 1/2 year old daughter when I was pregnant with ds1. It didn't put pressure on my stomach however as I held her on my hip. I don't think I would have been comfortable with a carry putting pressure on my stomach.

luvsviola 05-04-2012 06:21 AM

I know people that do it, though I personally would not be comfortable with it past the first few weeks.

Gitrecca 05-04-2012 06:55 AM

I second a ring sling. It puts the weight on the side (if you want it to). I am not comfortable with a moby much past a few months old. I don't find they are supportive enough. But I carried my two-year-old in a ring sling for quite a while when pregnant.

HeatherlovesCDs 05-04-2012 07:02 AM

I am 16wks pregnant and I still sometimes wear my 2 year olds on my back in my ergo. I just slide the waist belt down under my belly. I'm not sure how long I'll do it and I don't have a need to do it often. I'm definitely going to be doing it in 2 wks when we all go camping. Unless I can't use my stroller (like hiking) or it's really inconvenient, I put them in the stroller instead.

I've never worn a Moby, but I can say, I do still wear my 2 year olds. :thumbsup:

Oh, my todders weigh 22 and 24lbs. :)

ETA - Just so no one gets the wrong idea....I only wear one at a time. My hubby wears the other. :giggle:

Elijah'sMama 05-04-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaseitz (Post 15046333)
I'd suggest a more supportive wrap or carrier. The moby started being uncomfortable for me when dd was about 12 lbs bc she was squirmy. I know they say wovens or maybe even a gauze wrap are more supportive. Maybe a ssc like a Gemini or beco butterfly that has a hip belt might be more comfy. I love my gemini. Send an email to Jillian@paxbaby.com, she is awesome and knows everything about baby wearing and answers emails really quickly:-)

:yeahthat:

i am 16 weeks and can still comfortably wear my 24lb 20 month old on my back in the beco butterfly :)

lilangel8185 05-04-2012 07:52 AM

I've worn my toddler a couple times in the moby when preggo with my son but once you get a bump its not that comfy to front carry. The moby can also be used in a back carry, if you are careful. Id definately just get something that you can do a back carry in, for me a back carry was easier than a hip carry.

Sigkap714 05-04-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilangel8185 (Post 15046625)
I've worn my toddler a couple times in the moby when preggo with my son but once you get a bump its not that comfy to front carry. The moby can also be used in a back carry, if you are careful. Id definately just get something that you can do a back carry in, for me a back carry was easier than a hip carry.

Please, please don't attempt a back carry with a stretchy wrap. Watch this video for a demonstration of the dangers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J19oOkQ61hI