Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   LO's and movie theaters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1389417)

Mac & Cheeses mom 05-04-2012 08:34 AM

LO's and movie theaters

What age would you start taking you LO to the theater?

Our theater here offers the 1 dollar movies over the summer. I would like to take my 11y old, but I have one who will be 17m's would you go?

Kimmyann 05-04-2012 08:38 AM

Re: LO's and movie theaters

Mine has gone since he was a newborn. He does great until the popcorn is gone...then he starts to get wiggly. I only had to walk out on one movie with him (winnie the pooh).

Mac & Cheeses mom 05-04-2012 08:40 AM

Thanks I so wanted to take her because I know she would like it plus it is a cheap fun thing to do once a week.

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 05-04-2012 08:41 AM

I took my first one at 18 months. Just be prepared that you may have to go into the lobby. With it being the $1 summer movies for kids, people do not expect it to be 100% quiet. Here, during those movies kids are running up and down the aisle( not that I am saying that is ok, lol)

Mac & Cheeses mom 05-04-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunkenmonkeysmommy1
I took my first one at 18 months. Just be prepared that you may have to go into the lobby. With it being the $1 summer movies for kids, people do not expect it to be 100% quiet. Here, during those movies kids are running up and down the aisle( not that I am saying that is ok, lol)

I had not gone in the past, but I was thinking this would be a good way to get her used to it. She loves movies and all things big kid, but does not sit still to save her life.

bama 05-04-2012 08:44 AM

Yep, the $1 movies are pretty much nothing but kids! You will be fine.

AbbieJack 05-04-2012 02:30 PM

Not before they can sit still and quietly. I for one find it rude and disrespectful to take them before they can do both of those things. I paid to watch a movie not to listen to some little child.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 05-04-2012 02:34 PM

We took our kids to the discount movies on my bday a couple of weeks ago to watch chipwrecked, my baby is 3 months old now, she was quiet and didn't fuss, I was prepared to leave had she become disruptive though.
I would not go to a full price theater with her jic I had to leave in the middle of it though.

EmilytheStrange 05-04-2012 02:37 PM

If I went to a $1 movie for kids, I would go with the understanding that the entire theatre would be disruptive.

For a full price movie geared towards adults (or atleast towards kids who can watch full movies), then I would definitely wait until my child could sit still.

Goosey 05-04-2012 06:21 PM

Do you have a drive in theater in your area? My husband and I took our 2 year old and 5 month old recently and it was great. Our 2 year old was crazy and loud, but the chaos was well contained in our car and we didn't have to worry about bothering anyone else.