Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Diaper rash help! Pic included (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1389658)

jessiak 05-04-2012 05:14 PM

Diaper rash help! Pic included

My daughter has had this rash forever! We've put zinc oxide cream on it and it hasn't gotten better. It started as little pimples, and now she's scratching it and it hurts her =( She's almost 2 and is potty training so she's only in a diaper at night time.

Tina5834 05-04-2012 07:20 PM

Are the sores oozing? Possibly staph maybe?

ETA: I think she needs to get to the pedi.

kelpie169 05-04-2012 07:28 PM

My son gets this. His skin is super sensitive and it just happens sometimes. Happens alot more when he eats or drinks acidic stuff (orange juice, etc.). Doc usually prescribes mometasone or nystatin. We have a standing rx-that's how common it is. To soothe it, try milk baths. Draw a bath an add powdered milk an baking soda. Reeeeeally helps clear his up faster AND makes him feel better. Hope that helps!

qsefthuko 05-04-2012 07:34 PM

Re: Diaper rash help! Pic included

It looks kinda like a heat rash that has been scratched to me but I don't really have a lot of experience with rashes. I imagine the pps suggestion would work well. I also second the doctor visit to make sure it isn't developing an infection.

solarbabies 05-04-2012 07:35 PM

I think it looks worse because she is scratching it....

I honestly think it looks like dd's rash which we have no idea what it is. Did it get worse when she stoped wearing dipes as much? I honestly says excema or contact dermatitis just based on that is what our doc has said about dd.... hydrocortizone cream helps her.

mommabritt 05-04-2012 10:28 PM

I feel sorry for your lo with that horrible rash. I hope you get it cleared up soon. :hugs:

I do want to mention tho that we have had creeps on here just like everywhere else and I would be extremely cautious of keeping that pic up. I would hate for it to end up on the wrong computer screen. :(

jessiak 05-04-2012 10:30 PM

Thanks guys :) Making an appointment on Monday. Had to convince DH that it could be something more than just a regular old diaper rash

mommyinthesun 05-04-2012 10:56 PM

Id really suggest taking the pic off the web.

isabelsmummy 05-05-2012 10:58 PM

I missed the picture, but yeast is something that won't get better with zinc. try a topical antifungal and see if that helps?

My dd got a rash when she stopped wearing diapers too. I thought it was perhaps because we weren't cleaning her bum after accidents because now that she's not having accidents it's gotten better.