Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   KAL ~ cables! May 6-12 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390171)

stevensmom 05-06-2012 01:15 AM

KAL ~ cables! May 6-12

:knit:

Knitting cables!

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

stevensmom 05-06-2012 01:23 AM

Fixed it for you Katie.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

Laurshar 05-06-2012 01:38 AM

Ohhh what to cable! Almost finished the aviatrix so I will have some free needles!

stitching, witching, brewing, dyeing, spinning :)

willownz 05-06-2012 01:52 AM

Re: KAL ~ cables! May 6-12

I am not knitting cables anytime soon. I am still doing this Oriental Lily. I cannot stripe my yarns properly. I keep getting puckering where I am twisitng them together as I change skeins. So annoying. I just want this to be done.

EskimoStitches 05-06-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willownz
I am not knitting cables anytime soon. I am still doing this Oriental Lily. I cannot stripe my yarns properly. I keep getting puckering where I am twisitng them together as I change skeins. So annoying. I just want this to be done.

How are you twisting them that it is giving you issues? I don't usually twist I just cross them otherwise it makes it stick out but it also helps to do it between a stitch switch so like in ribbing or from k to p or something.

808mamaof3 05-06-2012 03:08 AM

Re: KAL ~ cables! May 6-12

Quote:

Originally Posted by willownz (Post 15054981)

I'm not cabling this week...unless Erica wants soemthing with cables :giggle: BTW- Didn't get the yarn yet...probably Monday.

When I twist the yarns, I knit up to one stitch before the color change, cross the yarns in the back, then still knit the last stitch with the correct color (yarn now in my left hand) then the new color row yarn in my right. Not sure if that makes sense, but I saw a tute on it and it helps. Also, just some wiggling stitch tension and blocking help to completely conceal.

Laurshar 05-06-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willownz

That's such a cute pattern! I'm thinking of doing one for D and modifying the sleeve length for the heat here.

Dayzee1081 05-06-2012 05:14 AM

Thanks Erica! Sorry again!

Laurshar 05-06-2012 05:39 AM

Finished the aviatrix, I will weave the ends in tomorrow. But I modified the strap to an I-cord with a pom pom and wanted to share how cute! It's WSK Logan.

Attachment 103956

I was low on trim so I didn't do the decorative stitching with it, and I did half the icord with trim and half with cw :)

mysticmomma1879 05-06-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurshar
Finished the aviatrix, I will weave the ends in tomorrow. But I modified the strap to an I-cord with a pom pom and wanted to share how cute! It's WSK Logan.

I was low on trim so I didn't do the decorative stitching with it, and I did half the icord with trim and half with cw :)

Cute