Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   What's the best part about not being pregnant for you? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390557)

blackberry75 05-07-2012 12:04 AM

What's the best part about not being pregnant for you?

Aside from meeting your squishy bean of course, that's a given.

For me, it's being able to lay on my belly to read/sleep. Ye gods I missed that. It's the only position I can comfortably fall asleep in and stay asleep in for more than 2 hours at a time. With my insomnia and Bean waking for night feedings, I need all the sleep I can get (you know, like everyone else here, lol). Also, not being on the diabetic diet anymore.

MFrayne 05-07-2012 03:46 AM

Re: What's the best part about not being pregnant for you?

I'd have to agree with the sleeping thing too. But, I most like being able to eat again! I had no appetite when pregnant...my 8 lb 10 oz baby took every inch of space in my body so there was no room for food. I only gained 14 lbs and am actually smaller post-pregnancy! She sucked it all out of me!!

blackberry75 05-07-2012 10:48 AM

Me too! I gained ~10lbs and lost 20 after giving birth. Bean was only 7lb 13oz. Of course I was already over weight when I got pregnant, so she had plenty of stored up fat to live off of, lol.

Hopefulily 05-07-2012 03:53 PM

No more heartburn!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

KaylaJayne 05-07-2012 04:05 PM

Oh gosh there are SOOOO many things :) Don't get me wrong, I loved being pregnant and tried to cherish every moment because it was my last but I am so happy to be able to;

Sleep or lay on my stomach
Drink wine :)
Wear all my fun clothes again
Not have random people come up to me and chat me up because I'm preggo

lecialefty 05-07-2012 04:55 PM

Being able to sleep comfortably again.

bezark 05-07-2012 06:39 PM

Oh, I could go on forever. I am SO happy to not be pregnant anymore. Top of my list?
Not having to pee every 10 minutes
Being able to lay on my belly for a real back rub
My rings fit again
Sleep. Glorious, fabulous sleep.

Saharan 05-07-2012 08:36 PM

No more morning sickness and super sensitive gag reflex
Being able to sleep on my belly
Being able to wear nice jeans again although they hurt my c section scar still:(
No more heart burn
No more varicose veins in my legs...well a few but they are fading away fast

songbird516 05-08-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFrayne (Post 15058895)
I'd have to agree with the sleeping thing too. But, I most like being able to eat again! I had no appetite when pregnant...my 8 lb 10 oz baby took every inch of space in my body so there was no room for food. I only gained 14 lbs and am actually smaller post-pregnancy! She sucked it all out of me!!

Eating without worrying about heartburn, for sure! I can't say that I'm losing much weight, but I'm enjoying my meals immensely!

mamamoo13 05-08-2012 11:18 AM

Well, let's see. The first things I thought of were:

No more acid reflux when I lay down at night.
No more swollen feet.
Not having to pee quite so much! lol
I can sleep on my back again.
Other people can hold the baby. (He was getting heavy! He weighed 9 lbs. 11 oz. at birth.)

Mamamoo13
aka Michelle