Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   3 kids, a mortgage, 8 years later and Happily Un-Married!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390743)

*BAD2theBUNZ* 05-07-2012 12:28 PM

3 kids, a mortgage, 8 years later and Happily Un-Married!!!

:

DillyDay 05-07-2012 12:50 PM

Re: 3 kids, a mortgage, 8 years later and Happily Un-Married!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

thank you!

smplmama 05-07-2012 01:41 PM

exactly. DH and I are married. we did it for ourselves. it was simple, non-religious, unexpensive and beautiful. annnddd...i dont even know where our marriage certificate is. and my wedding "ring" is a living, breathing horse. lol.

Almacham 05-07-2012 04:59 PM

Welcome! :)

beautifulboyz 05-09-2012 09:58 AM

LOL, this is exactly us. We have 3 beautiful boys, we are about to obtain a mortgage for our first home and we have been together for 8 years. =)

amberartall 06-05-2012 09:31 PM

WOO!! lol. Yes! We are married at heart, and common law. We have a beautiful daughter together and our own place. We never had a wedding or got rings or anything! Who friggin cares! His mean old mom thinks you HAVE TO have a stupid piece of paper to be in love or do ANYTHING together! PFFFT! lol she can kiss my butt! We have been together 4+ years and if we say we are "married" then bygolly, we are MARRIED! Paper degrades, burns, crumples, but our love is forever!

aubreyaks 06-05-2012 10:15 PM

Staying unmarried isn't a guarantee that you wiill "never go through that." But, I understand your point. Just had to say it though. Happily married with a mortgage, 3 years (5 if you count the time we werent't marriied) 2 kids later and still very much in love. Feeling lucky every day because each day is a choiceand each day, we choose each other.

momtofourkiddos 06-06-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aubreyaks (Post 15204490)
Staying unmarried isn't a guarantee that you wiill "never go through that." But, I understand your point. Just had to say it though. Happily married with a mortgage, 3 years (5 if you count the time we werent't marriied) 2 kids later and still very much in love. Feeling lucky every day because each day is a choiceand each day, we choose each other.

Agree and happily married for almost 20 years with a mortgage, although I agree with overpriced wedding comments:mrgreen:

Mom2Connor 06-06-2012 07:12 AM

Just want to say that everyone that gets married doesn't have a fancy expensive wedding. We went down to the courthouse to file for a marriage license, found out you could just do it then (the ceremony) so we went down in regular clothes with just our DS in his stroller and got married. It was super simple, and very inexpensive. I just wear my engagement ring as a wedding ring (I don't need or want two rings) and DH got a wedding band that is nice but wasn't too $$.

Also, not all marriages end in divorce. I've seen just as many people break up and split that weren't married as are married. It just makes it a little easier I suppose not having to actually file for divorce, etc, but once kids are in the picture a split isn't going to be any easier really.

There are certainly benefits that come with that little piece of paper. For starters, in our case, DH's health insurance is really good and I am basically just a SAHM with an enjoyable but not high paying PT job. When we have a second child, I'll go back to being a SAHM for awhile again. Private health insurance costs a fortune if you don't want insane deductables and coverage for everything. I didn't have health insurance after DS was born almost two years ago and it sucked and is nerve wracking wondering about the what if's.

pine_apple_goat 06-10-2012 09:30 AM

Congrats to you! Everyone should be able to love and be loved however they choose to.